Page 254 of 389 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264304354 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Ordered a Lee Loader in .45... The new Sigs aint gonna be cheap to feed.

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat View Post
    Built and placed 9 more ground level garden boxes for berries and corn next year. Five more of those, and four 4x8's to go. I'm definitely gonna be busy mixing soil again.

We're also starting to plan our irrigation system since those are the last of the boxes
    I've gotta get started on next year's new boxes. I've got about 200 maters on the vine right now, and we're supposed to have highs in the 40s next week. Hope I'm not picking bushels of green tomatoes again before first freeze this year like last.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Crotch Rocket

That is one problem we didn't have. All of our tomatoes came on at a good time. Beans, however... I just pulled my brussel sprouts though. Hopefully they keep in the fridge until I have time to blanch and freeze them
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat View Post
    That is one problem we didn't have. All of our tomatoes came on at a good time. Beans, however... I just pulled my brussel sprouts though. Hopefully they keep in the fridge until I have time to blanch and freeze them
    These are all plants that didn't produce well all summer, but I kept them because I had several breeds that did this last year. My super producers are still making strong. I've gotten probably 1500 orange cherry tomatoes off of ONE plant, and over 1000 red cherries about the size of a quarter off another. All of the breeds that are making right now are heirloom, and I'd read they may make late or not at all. I've got black prince, black Krim, Cherokee purples, Arkansas travelers, lemon boy, etc etc that are all going nuts. It figures my best production would be the week before first freeze. Stupid murphy.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

I'll most likely shit myself

AK are you saving seed from any of you maters? I've never saw orange cherry tomatoes. Where did you get your seed?

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    AK are you saving seed from any of you maters? I've never saw orange cherry tomatoes. Where did you get your seed?

This is the ONLY plant I don't have the ID tag for. We bought most of our plants this year, and we had a surprise late freeze in late March that forced me to dig up, and move every single plant inside. I lost the tag on this one. I'm in the process of drying some seeds for this particular one because it's done so well. (I got 75 cherries the size of a nickel today alone). The cool nights are slowing this one down, I usually have at least 20 a day but I had to wait a little longer for these to turn yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    This is the ONLY plant I don't have the ID tag for. We bought most of our plants this year, and we had a surprise late freeze in late March that forced me to dig up, and move every single plant inside. I lost the tag on this one. I'm in the process of drying some seeds for this particular one because it's done so well. (I got 75 cherries the size of a nickel today alone). The cool nights are slowing this one down, I usually have at least 20 a day but I had to wait a little longer for these to turn yellow.
    Update: I had forgotten that there is a second plant that still has a tag, I walked up to the garden and found it. It's a "Sungold" Cherry tomato.

I'll most likely shit myself

I will try and find some of those. Thanks for the update.

Premium Member
    We just got a Harbor Freight here and they had their grand opening this weekend. Picked up few items for our BOBs & GHBs: magnesium fire starter blocks, work gloves, head lamps ($2.99 each), 7'x9' camo tarps ($3.99), machetes ($5.00), bungee, zip tie assortment, & carrabiners.
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Picked up a SOG FASTHAWK Tomhawk and Khurki for $20 each at WalMart. . . who knew!?! Its this one. . . but its in stock at my local WalMart for $20! http://www.walmart.com/ip/SOG-Tomaha...heath/13228609
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.