Page 136 of 389 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

We added more ammo to the total. We are also preparing to help teach a preparedness class at our church. So far,over 70 people have signed up.

prepguide
    Added a mixture of cleaning and hygiene supplies to the overall. Also more matches, candles and motor oil. I'm trying hard to increase all my areas of preps, just have this feeling that all of it will be needed sooner rather than later and for the life of me wish I didn't but the feeling keeps growing. No harm at all in having more of the things I normally use.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xusualsuspectx View Post
    We added more ammo to the total. We are also preparing to help teach a preparedness class at our church. So far,over 70 people have signed up.
    Please let us know how it goes. Just did a presentation on Thursday night to about 40 preppers that was well received. People were eager for the information. Hope it goes well for you!

This weekend we took a little trip to a not-so-local meat processing plant. Scored some major deals on about 80lbs of beef and pork. Also, they do custom processing for a very decent price. My parents used to butcher their own beef/pork/chicken/venison, but they had the advantage of a cold winter. Down this far south you really don't have that option, so it's either build a smokehouse, or pay someone to process it for you. I guess that works for me.

Also, we picked up two dogs, since my husband accidentally ran over and killed my dog last week. Yeah, now that I can actually type that without bursting into tears, or yelling at my husband. I should have prepped waterproof mascara, because I'll be danged but I was bursting out crying at the most awkward times. Anyway, we need dogs here, since the neighbors mutts are all over the area, plus wild critters bugging my chickens, etc. So we rescued a beautiful blue heeler puppy, about 6 mo. old, and a 3 yr old Catahoula, both just about to meet their Maker, due to an over abundance of animals at the shelter just over the Ky line. I have spent the better part of the last few days working with them, they are doing very well so far, and catching on quickly. The shelter kid (she couldn't of been more than 19-20 yrs old) was getting drug around, and by this morning I had them at my side, on a slack leash, sitting when given the command. Not too shabby! I have a theory, that training dogs will be a lot like training horses, and a lot like doing laundry. Keep caught up by doing a little every day, and you will be alright. Slack off for a few weeks and you will be drowning in dirty laundry, and it will take forever to get caught back up. If you work with your horses, or dogs, a little every day, they will do great. But if you don't stay consistent, and you are not investing the time in them that they need, working them, training them, exercising them, you will be overwhelmed with hyper, crazy, unhappy, and potentially dangerous animals. Take the time to do it right, and it wont end up taking much time at all. Slack, or "rush it", and you are in for a world of hurt and frustration. So, I am still heart broken over my Justice dog. He was one in a million. These new dogs don't, and can't replace him. It's like losing a child and getting a gold fish. But they are still good, and needed, and I enjoy the mental and physical challenge they provide. I guess I just get my kicks taking an animal that is out of control, and helping them find balance, it's very gratifying.

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

Fastfire for my 10/22 TakeDown
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

For the Love of Cats

Picked and dehydrated all of my remaining herbs (Thyme, Sage, Oregano)
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Rotated food, organized more food, making list of pre-election goodies to pick up just in case.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

12 tubes of tooth paste....

5 sticks of deodorant......

4 double packs of floss....

4 12 pks ivory soap....

6 double pks of tooth brushes....

6 bottles mouthwash....

12 boxes fem-care products....

6 rubbing alcohol.....

2 H2O2....

3 boxes Q-tips...

Ordered....

2 cases 96ct each TP...

1 case 6 ct of 1/2 gallon hand cleaner....

1 case 12ct brown paper towels...

1 case 6 ct spray disinfectant....

1 case 8oz foam cups (1000)

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot.....Got 3 large fire extinguishers from old building being demoed....free....had them checked and tagged for service.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

For the Love of Cats

Two turtle doves...
    and a Partridge... in a pear tree!

Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    Two turtle doves...
    and a Partridge... in a pear tree!

OK....I laughed at that.....
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

I walked into the Wally World and found huge bins of spices for $.50ea, got onion powder, onion flakes, Italian seasoning, garlic salt, cinnamon, nutmeg etc. not a huge selection, but they don't expire till 16' so I'm putting them away, and since we rotate regularly, we'll use them before expiration. My thinking is making beans and rice taste better in a bad situation.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.