Page 168 of 389 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218268 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

We also made another batch of laundry soap.

A laugh a minute
    Printing things that I have collected and putting it in a notebook for easy access. Mostly DIY and How to.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

Added the following to the med-kit:

2 disposable skin staplers & removal tools
    Small surgical tool kit
    Suture kit
    Emergency dental kit

Also put back another week or two of dehydrated food and a few thousand heirloom seeds in mylar.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Ordered another set of "Foxfire books".....BTW....if you shop it....you can get them off Amazon used for just over $100 for all 13 books.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

A friend of ours gave us 60 4h broilers (chickens) and is giving us 30 more soon. So I have to kill, slaughter, pressure cook and can hundreds of pounds of chicken. But it is all free, didn't even have to feed them.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    got moved in to the new house. garden is tilled. added a new rifle and bullets. just need to finish the garden and PLANT.
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

What I've found out this week was how critical and unforgiving Youtube preppers are.

Don't take this the wrong way. The people I've met on this forum have been extremely nice and helpful!

Now YouTube is another story. I make lots of gun modifications videos and do political stuff. I have just over 128,000 views and overall people are pretty nice. I get the occasional anti-Semite troll but for the most part people are nice.
    I posted my very first bug-out-bag video this week and got torn apart by know it all preppers! Even after I was nice thanked them for their impute and agreed with them they still trolled my channel looking for a fight. I had to block two commenter's in the first 100 views.

That blows my mind. Out of the 128,000 views on my channel I've only had to block 3 anti-Semitic trolls.
    Overall I was pretty shocked that the preppers where way more brutal than the political people. Is this typical?

How many preppers does it take to pack a BOB? TEN! One to actually do it and nine to sit around saying how they can do it better. I wouldn't say it is typical prepper mentality, Richardbeck, but it is human nature.

So this entire month, I have done a boat load of nothing! I scratched my cornea playing with my dog and then got the flu. I did learn that even though I took precautions such as washing the bed sheets every morning and wearing surgical gloves 90% of the day, my husband still got sick. We didn't even kiss or talk directly to each other. So I will have to step up efforts the next time one of us gets sick. I guess someone will be banished to the guest bedroom, as much as I hate to sleep there. I have also come to realize that I have nothing but contact solution and some Visine for eye problems. I'm looking for an eye wash thingy, but can't think of the name or where to buy. Not that it would help with a scratch, but I have a nasty habit of spraying hairspray in my eyes, too.

I did manage to start exercising again. I lost 6 pounds so far just from being sick and thought now is as good a time as any.

Walking on Sunshine

ms
    Try an egg cup. The thing that one would put a soft boiled egg in to eat the egg. That's what my grandmother would use.

A laugh a minute
    We are building another chicken tractor( the men folk are) out of a 4 wheeler crate (Got for free). I am gathering my supplies to start making my Herbal Medicines and things again. (tins,plastic containers, beeswax, herbs, amber jars, ect. I am going this weekend to bag up the potting soil that I used last year for my container garden and get it ready to reuse this year. I got a personal trainer today to start my strength training program, I start my Zumba class this Sat. I bought 100 rounds of ammo. Now that they have caught on to the people who have been buying the cheap ammo at Wal-Mart and reselling it for a higher price. You can no longer buy all of it at one time. Yesterday when I went to buy it, they told me that they have limited it to 1 box per person per day. There were 2 people working the counter and I bought 1 box of 22's and told them I would be back in about 10min. to get another box. They told me that they could not sell me anymore and I told them yes you can and walked away. Well I went back after 10 min. And the same person that sold me the box told me he could not sell me anymore. I told him maybe not but the other guy can because tectonically he has not sold me any today. So I left there with 2 boxes.

I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.