Quote Originally Posted by eagle326 View Post
Everything as stated above and maybe Google earth or some other satillite imaging to get an overview of your property and building ; garden ; animal set ups.
Google earth and Acme mapper are the first things we check out. DH is totally detailed oriented when it comes to land, topo, water sources, easements...you name it. That's what has taken us 2 years to find a piece to find. Sometimes he gets a little too detailed that it can get crazy. But we get through it and go on. Thanks for all of the great advice guys! I know this is a huge undertaking and I keep seeing earth movers and changing the total landscape even though I know it won't be that bad (I hope)...I just think it's going to be a nightmare with all of the mess of creating roads and leveling somewhere to put the houses because I know the place we decide to put them won't be where the land will be cooperative! Of course I will want to overlook water and still have south facing windows and shelter from the north...the constrction for maximum energy effeciency has to take as much of a priority as the view. Those nasty little details that I just know I'm going to forget as we go along! So keep up with the advice and if I already know it, fine...but if I don't, wonderful!
Might not be on here too much over the next week or so due to Christmas, my son is coming home from college and there is so much to do before family comes up from Fl next week as well. So I'm not ignoring any of you, just busy as I'm sure most of the other Ladies here are. Thanks again everyone!!! Merry Christmas to all!