MMMmmm Range Day: Ran 30 rnds of 223 RCBS SB die sized brass... ran like butter!

Also picked up brass, didnt score so well on hangun brass, but there lots of ARs... I got a lot today, between last weekend's trip (sad day for 223) and today (big score), we got 19 pounds of brass.

One 223 case is about 96 grains. 19 pounds is 133,000 grains. 133,999 divided by 96 says I have about 1,385 pieces of 223 range pickup brass! Woo!

Ran the Glock, turned into single shot... WTF! The slide lock was locking the slide EVERY shot, when I release the slide it chambered the next round, fired fine and then locked back. Boyee, was I pissed. Got home to see the slide release is pretty dity with carbon (Ive only got about 300 rnds on it without cleaning) and was dragging on the way down.

So I tear down the trigger and clean up the contact areas of the slide release. Put it back together and the same thing, not as bad.. but still dragging.

Closer look and I see the top of the slide release spring is resting on the block, not the upper pin! Duh! When I took it apart last, I put it back together wrong! I pulled the pin, pressed down the tip of the spring and put the pin in... there is a LOT more spring tension now and the slide release does not drag, it SNAPS right back. Damn... Im stupid.

So, I thought I had a possible serious problem but it was operator error.

Thats all for now..
EB