Quote Originally Posted by msomnipotent View Post
I am doing the same thing, only whole house. We plan on putting our house on the market in 2013 and it will probably take that long to get through our junk. We are planning on switching from big house, small yard to smaller house, big yard and garden. Maybe some chickens if they are allowed!

I paid off one of the credit card balance transfers before the zero percent expired. It feels good, but there is a lot more where that came from!

I realized last week that my family is not used to trying new foods, which will be a problem if things go to hell and we have to cook something strange just to survive. I am starting slow with familiar foods that I just haven't cooked before, like lasagna and shepard's pie. It is going better than expected with my husband, and just as expected with our picky 6 year old. I really want to have our daughter eating things like asparagus and mild curries without complaint by summer. One can only hope.
Do you think if you have her actually help you make these new dishes she will be more apt to try them? I think kids are more open to things that they are involved in or think that they have a "choice" in. Maybe with the asparagus melt a little cheddar cheese on top to start with? Think like a kid and not like a grown up.