Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedJohn View Post
    If the locals are laughing at you, they are the dumb one. This is one of the smartest thing you could do by buying these shutters. I am always laughing myself when a witness in a state like the state of Florida people running for the stores to buy plywood and groceries but just a few hours away from a hurricane. I have always said that if I was to buy a house in a hurricane prone state than my first purchase would be shutters. For that matter, shutters could be used for other situations like a riot or anything that would need to to prevent access through the windows. It is definitely a smart investment.

What you are doing is the essence of prepping!
    I agree... and even though I'm not in a coastal area, I'd love to get some of those for my new place (when I find it). I would sleep much more soundly knowing nobody could get into the house while I'm either sleeping or away for the day.

This week has been a trip... getting the daughters straightened out, and helping my sister with her preps, as she lives about three hours from here.
    Last edited by damienstoy; 05-21-2011 at 11:41 AM.