Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Not sure if this counts, but I spent about 15 hrs training dogs this week. We got a 3 yr old Catahoula, and a 6 mo. old Heeler mix from the shelter. I had looked at them online before we went, and I was debating between the two of them. When we got there, they had them both in the same little pen. They get along really well. The Catahoula's name is "Bo" (he came with the name), so I call him "Bo Kenobi". And the Heeler is "Luke", aka, "Luke Yard-Walker". Yes, I'm a geek. They have both made some fantastic progress, I am very proud of them. Bo apparently has no herding instinct at all, but has a very strong hunting/scent drive, and, already he makes a good watch dog, he is aware of everything, everywhere. Luke does have a strong herding instinct, in fact he is already trying to herd the kids around, lol.

Bo is a very smart dog, smart, independent, and good hearted. He is high energy, and he is definitely giving me a workout! I am contemplating teaching him to run along side a 4 wheeler, lol.

And the puppy, he and my kids get along very well, but he is definitely the beta dog. He is usually off the leash, but I have to have him tied up when I work with Bo, or he is a pest, lol.

Last edited by 4suchatimeasthis; 10-29-2012 at 03:33 AM.