Quote Originally Posted by AlphaTea View Post
+1 on Freckleface.com for Gamma seals and buckets in quantity.
Just recently I bought 4 green buckets and matching Gamma seals fromhttps://pleasanthillgrain.com/preparedness/buckets-lids for another project.
Also remember that it is not necessary to put a Gamma lid on each bucket. Ideally you would want them I only on buckets you are using. When you finish off a Gamma sealed bucket of beans, you can just open the next bucket of beans that was sealed with a much cheaper single use lid, and shift the contents to the bucket with the gamma lid. I have NOT been successful at removing a gamma seal ring from a bucket. They are built to last.

100% correct - for food create a bucket "pantry" after you crack open your various food long term storage buckets - I utilize the ability to buy a color mixed batch of Gamma lids .... that food needs to be protected from rodents, pests and the outside environment more than EVER - but you need eazy daily access - thus the screw top opening Gamma ....

another handy hint - you can buy zip lock type mylar bagging for closing the food up during a SHTF usage - better to get a quantity of the office supply binder clips and clinch that bag roll up - I've found the zip locks not to be fully bullet proof ....

some preppers like to buy the expensive Gamma for their long term buckets that are being created for permanent 10/15/20/25 year storage - Why?? - 3-4 times the $$$$ - put the $$$$ elsewhere into your prepping ....

another reason for using a standard locking lid vs Gamma for permanent storage - damage - they can't take a stacking load like a conventional lid - that food grade bucket is a critical part of the overall long term storage system ....