Page 288 of 389 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298338388 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

For the Love of Cats

It's only about an acre, maybe a bit less. And yeah, it'll be repurposed as a food plot, using raised containers.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I'll most likely shit myself

Looks like a lot larger from the pics. How much land do you run?

For the Love of Cats

I have 80 Acres, of mostly bush and trails

- - - Updated - - -

Seems bigger when I'm in there cutting too. lol

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Today I weeded the strawberry patch, and ordered 1 bucket of a variety of freeze dried foods from Wize.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Just received my Lee Auto Disk powder measure, outfitted it with the Lee Charge Bar, throwing charges within +.1GN of powder, consistently! This is a BIG improvement over my Lee Perfect Powder which would vary by as much as .6GN and have too be reset. Pain in the ass!

Blue Bullets should be here soon, wondering if I should play with there 200gn bullets, sounds cool.. not sure if it will soften the recoil impulse or not but still a cool idea...

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

For the Love of Cats

blue bullets?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    blue bullets?
    http://www.thebluebullets.com/produc...0p-180-400.htm

I had been doing some research on polymer coated bullets before, but the last USPSA match a regular shooter urged me to try them, hes been shooting them for quite a while in his high dollar race gun with zero complaints or issues, figured what the hell...

EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"

finally pooped
    They're not bad. Titanreloading has a bunch of them. Supposed to be a cheaper option that jacketed bullets but without all the lead fouling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Welcome to the internet.
    One of us types in our heart and soul, and then puts it up for the world.
    Then, the rest get to interpret it.
    It is literal, or figurative?
    Sad, or happy?
    Angry, or calm?
    Just black and white words on a screen.
    Not like a conversation in person, with facial expressions, body language, tone of voice.

Still, we here pretty much slide along without issues.
    Imagine how well we could get along in person.

Or, we would just think each other is a bunch of assholes

Just loaded 500 rnds of .40 with a Lee Classic Turret press.

EB
    "AR - America's Rifle"

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    So finally have a chance to sit down and catch up on the threads! Lots been going on here on this end, lets see if I can give you all the cliff notes..

1- Wife graduated Navy Basic, shes currently waiting for her "A" school to start, In the meantime, shes doing watch, command duty, and all the fun things that come with learning the military lifestyle.

2- Business partner is still getting settled in. He moved out here from California and turns out all the upgrades on his house is taking 1-2 months longer, I warned him this may happen, so he ended up having to buy a house trailer to live in out on his property while the home refurb is done. Nice part about it is, he was prepper-curious, and now hes learning to ration water, power, and how to divy up his food stocks. He took one look at my pantry and hes already buying foods by the case! Hes going to be a real asset to the team here and cant wait til he gets settled in!

3- We cleared out 1.5 acres of woods, cut it all down, topped it, logged and split it and got it all stacked. Hes still not sure of why hes doing it, but as it goes on, he will see the wisdom of it! One a plus side, on the side of his hills on his new property, we found a partially constructed deer stand that was 12x12 feet and 5 feet off the ground. As is currently stands it has no walls, but we are going to make it a project to finish before deer season.

3-We've now planted 6 apple trees, but he also decided to till up a section of valley between two of his hills that was planted with pine trees but was infested with burdocks (Cockle burr plants). The plus side was he got rid of all the burr plants, the downside, the guy who tilled it all up killed 100 or so 1-2' tall pine trees. So now hes going to replant with turnip and clover and make it a huge food plot for the deer which bed down there anyways.

4- We picked up 5 blue 50 gallon barrels to establish his rain catchment system, he got them for 10 bucks each.

5- We had a freak frost happen over the weekend I was gone, so I lost a ass-ton of my seedlings and freshly potted plants, so Ive replanted a bunch to try and catch back up. Pain in the ass, but needs to be done.

6- Talked my business partner into getting bee's, some of his apple trees need to be cross-pollinated, so it was somewhat necessary anyways, Im sure the bees would find the trees anyways, but might as well add a couple of bee boxes to ensure it happens. Plus the added benefit of honey makes it a definite plus.

Other than that, working on adding to the stores as much as we can, and keeping the house going without burning it all down!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.