Page 388 of 389 FirstFirst ... 288338378386387388389 LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,880 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Bacon saver

Well, been doin what we've trying to do for the past year. Sell the other damn house! The biggest PREP of all. Might just have a deal......I just hope I didn't curse it. There's a storm comin still and this puppy has to go in order for us to clean up our last major loose end.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Food Preps to replace what has been used since the shut down. Owning our own business and being told not to work / clients getting the same instructions set us back. Happily our eating habits did not change since we eat what we prep. Heavy canning the last 2 weekends and a few coming up. Placed an order in for beef. Luckily everything is falling into place nicely.
    The tallest oak in the forest was once just a nut who held its ground.

Be decisive. Right or Wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.

I'll most likely shit myself

We've been canning pickles, will be doing maters tomorrow and dehydrating a boat load of bell peppers. Got a bunch of onions close to harvest time. Also been picking and freezing blueberries for about a month now. We have maybe 2 weeks left before they are all gone. Had a great harvest for only having 5 bushes.

Changed out a couple of my water jugs. Tending some of the garden.

I'll most likely shit myself

PLantin various stuff in the garden

Haven't been here for a time, but rotating stored water, using some of the older stored food and restocking and adding some canned goods. Really thinking about getting a case of SPAM.

Walking on Sunshine

Still kicking it here. It's been rough but we are getting through it. Got a rotating composting barrel the other day and it's getting filled. DH isn't too sure about this but is willing to give it a go. He had our soil tested and other than adding some nitrogen we are looking good. Our plants are on the way, HURRAH. Just wish the #$* weather would settle down. Looking at getting an 6x8x6 wire dog kennel to put around the raised garden beds to keep Bambi and friends out.The plastic rabbit(?) fencing did ok but it was hard to get in and out of the area and make sure we had the "gate" closed and tied down. Been gathering canning jars and lids pretty much every time I go to the store, although DH isn't too sure how much we're going to have to can this year. The stores just took the limits off of how many packs of jars and lids you can get in one trip, YEAH!!BUT there aren't a lot of packs on the shelves just yet. I'm hoping to get a couple more 1/2 gallon jars for some of the dry goods.Will be pulling the dehydrator out and trying to get a lot of fruit done this year so the grands(and us) can have healthier snackies. Will try to keep up on here, hope you all have a safe and bountiful year.

For the Love of Cats

got a ton of seedling going in the house, be a month before can transplant outside.

hoping for a good year
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Walking on Sunshine

Well DH and I have the garden almost done. Tomatoes, peppers, carrots , onions and the squash are all in now. We still need to erect the fencing around the planter boxes . DH is still planting his flowers. I swear every time he goes out,he brings back more flowers. HA HA HA. We plant a lot for the bees and butterflies. I can't have a hive as I am extremely allergic to bee and wasp stings, So we do what we can to encourage their food sources. And one of our neighbors have hives so we can trade for their yummy honey. We got the apple tees sprayed and hopefully will have a good crop this year. Due to the lousy weather last year we lost most of the apples.Other than that we're doing good.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    We tried a garden last year, our first, but picked a bad spot, everything that didn't drown rotted.
    Moved it to a higher spot, already have onions and beans coming up. I'm not sure exactly what will be in it yet, we have a close friend who had to retire early, he bought a camper, and lives here on the property. There's a camper power/water hookup, and small septic system about 300ft behind the house, in a wooded patch. We both work, retail, so jacked up hours, he's doing most of the farm type stuff, I do the mechanical stuff. We got chickens this year, our first, they're about old enough to run outdoors. Been adding stores all year, flour, salt, sugar, pepper. Have picked up some curing mix to cure meats with.