Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multitool Modification

Crotch Rocket

Multitool Modification

I just saw one of the most badass mods to a multitool. One that would put it back on my belt instead of in my GHB. I'll have to search for the article later, but apparently Backwoodsman Magazine had a submission of a writer replacing the least used tool with a key to his car. It looks much more awesome than I'm explaining it. Similar to this instructable, but with more of the original tools left in place.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Sweeeeeet
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

The source of all known trouble in the universe

Very nice.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

That's a great idea... too bad my truck and car both have chip keys that are housed inside the head of the key which is plastic, although, a door key can be cut that won't work in the ignition without a chip... scratches head, I like it!

Thinks it might be German

That is the coolest idea I've seen in a very long time!!!

Crotch Rocket

I've got the rough work done on mine now. I still need to drill a new hole through it, clean and round my edges, and widen one of the slots to fit the tools locking mechanism. I thought my Dremel was in my toolbox, but it wasn't, so I did the work to this point with a hacksaw blade, the file I'm removing from the tool, and a pair of tin snips. I scored my lines with a small razor while tracing the file's shape. I was bored and it gave me something to do, but with the proper tools on hand I could have posted a pic of the finished product well before now. Too easy!

Oh, and my signature just reminded me! I used a set of vise grips to hold things together! lol...
    Last edited by mitunnelrat; 05-13-2011 at 01:30 AM.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Crotch Rocket

I got it done today at work:

The orange cord wrap is on an EOD Robotics breacher bar from CountyComm and is the other project I had for my time at work today.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

NVG....totally a work deduction!

I'm gonna have to consider this. I have a leatherman surge (or 5) that I really would like to travel with, but the TSA doesn't like knives, maybe I can replace the knife blades with car keys and have a travel multitool. Of course if I am flying I'm not taking my car or house.... but its something to play around with I suppose.

Crotch Rocket

Its such a simple mod it isn't even funny. I've locked my keys in my car once or twice in my life, to include leaving my wallet on my seat. I like this because its easy to keep a spare on me, and well secured until use.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

The source of all known trouble in the universe

Nice job on the mod.