Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: National weather service ammo purchase.

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Sorry....my pedantic/anal retentive mode kicks in when I read the "Geneva Convention means no JHP for the military" stuff.

Sortof like when someone calls a magazine a clip. I simply can't help myself and correct them.

Yes....I am a dork.
    No problem Brother, we're square. I'm right there with you, again thanks for the lesson though. Good shit! Clips hold money, hook to your belt, holds your knife, and barely grazes your jaw when I missed your face with the blow that was intended! (left Clip)
    Signed,
    Chuckles the Clown

Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Do you have a robot?
    Bacpacker I don't think that is really viable since the amount of ammo LEOs use is not all that much when compared to the military. Also it would be much easier to loose an order of ammo via the military going to an assistance program than it would be for law enforcement. When you figure how many billions of dollars they can't account for in Iraq and Afghanistan a little ammo would be nothing.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    Bacpacker I don't think that is really viable since the amount of ammo LEOs use is not all that much when compared to the military. Also it would be much easier to loose an order of ammo via the military going to an assistance program than it would be for law enforcement. When you figure how many billions of dollars they can't account for in Iraq and Afghanistan a little ammo would be nothing.
    ^^This.

The amount of ammunition we didn't account for was staggering. Nobody kept tabs. We just grabbed what we needed and rolled out.
    I had a whole conex behind my CHU loaded with spam cans of AK ammo..........
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Folks sometimes forget that for military rounds, it isn't always necessary to kill. In many instances, it's actually better to wound.

On the battlefield, the dead are left for after the battle. The wounded are tended by the medic, carried to safety by others, taking multiple persons out of the fight at a time.

The Garand rifle uses a clip. The '03 Springfield is loaded by means of a clip, as is the Mauser, the Mosin Nagant, and many others.

More modern rifles are fed by means of a magazine.

Some training should be done with carry ammo, to know that it functions properly, and to know how it hits and feels when fired. But it is easier to continually practice with carry ammo when someone else pays for it.

The day is fast approaching when the likelihood of encountering .40 ammo is better than encountering .45 ammo as far as scavenging in the field goes. It may already be that way.
    Last edited by Gunfixr; 08-18-2012 at 01:59 AM.

Bacon saver

OK, fine I give. Everybody's "Smart Bulbs" are brighter than mine is. I'm butting out of this one, this is just tooooo brainiac for me now. Next thing you know you'll be telling me I can't put dollars in my stripper clips anymore.

Be safe...............the night is your friend.
    Last edited by Brownwater Riverrat 13; 08-20-2012 at 04:21 AM.

For the Love of Cats

you cant put dollars in your stripper clips anymore!

lol
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    OK, fine I give. Everybody's "Smart Bulbs" are brighter than mine is. I'm butting out of this one, this is just tooooo brainiac for me now. Next thing you know you'll be telling me I can't put dollars in my stripper clips anymore.
    Be safe...............the night is your friend.
    Now that is funny!!! Good one BR!

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

This is what the NRA-ILA has to say about it. The rest of the article is available at the link at the bottom.

"You may recently have seen some in the Internet rumor mill feverishly repeating the obvious truth above, in an effort to stir up fear about recent acquisitions of ammunition by the Department of Homeland Security and a number of smaller agencies. The mildest writers have questioned why seemingly mundane agencies would need ammunition at all; more incendiary authors suggest that these government agencies are preparing for a war with the American people.

Much of the concern stems from a lack of understanding of the law enforcement functions carried about by officers in small federal agencies. These agents have the power to make arrests and execute warrants, just like their better-known counterparts at agencies like the FBI.

For instance,the Social Security Administration solicited offers for 174,000 rounds of pistol ammunition. But the agency has 295 special agents who combat Social Security fraud that costs tax payers billions each year, so the order works out to roughly 590 rounds of ammunition per agent for training, mandatory quarterly qualification shooting and duty use. More than a few NRA members would use that much ammunition in a weekend shooting class or plinking session."

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/ar...mmunition.aspx
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

For the Love of Cats

VIA EMAIL:

We have been writing about the suspicious purchases of ammo by government agencies for a month or so. We are looking for answers and in this post and the one following we explore a couple ideas.

Please send us other articles, your ideas on the issue, and your comments. We are very concerned and we citizens should know what their government is up to.

Conservative Tom

Mystery Surrounding 1.2 Billion Rounds of Ammo Solved
    Posted by Dominique de Kevelioc de Bailleul on Aug 23, 2012 | 6 comments
    The mystery surrounding the purpose for the U.S. government’s procurement of 1.2 billion rounds of hollow-point ammunition just got a boost Tuesday.

On the heels of an article penned by Major General Jerry Curry (Ret.), titled, Who Does The Government Intend to Shoot?, a piece written by a retired U.S. general who questions the bizarre series of monstrous ammunition by unlikely agencies of the federal government, host Rick Wiles of TruNews Radio (Aug. 22) revealed to his listeners the answer to the mystery of the billion bullets.

After years warning of the out-of-the-blue presidential candidacy of Barrack Obama, Wiles appears most certain, again, that a powerful connection can be made between information he’s received from a high-level informant at Department of Homeland Security (DHS)—regarding the approximately 20,000 Russian commandos suspected of legally entering the U.S. from Canada—and conversations he had with an old acquaintance, the famous Russian spy of the old Soviet Union era, Colonel Stanislav Lunev.

“Colonel Stanislav Lunev told me, personally, years ago—he said, the Russian military strategy is, that, we [Russians] will strike so hard [at the U.S.], that there will be such shock, that the American people will surrender,” Wiles recalls, during a conversation he had with the spy over a several-day period in 1999.
    “He was not talking about a nuclear, chemical [or] biological attack; he was talking about commandos in the country [U.S.]. He said . . . this is what he said, Spetznazs, which are the Russian commandos. . .

“He said, they have the names addresses of every member of Congress, and the Senate, their wives, their children, the school that they go to, all the cabinet members, all of the head officials in Washington, all the officials in state governments. And he said, they will all be assassinated, quickly.”

From 1988 through 1992, Lunev, the highest-ranking Russian KGB spy to defect to the United States, explained to American authorities that he was deployed by Moscow to actively seek strategic locations within America for the launching of biological, chemical and suitcase-size nuclear devices in the event of a hot war between the two superpowers.
    Though, initially thought to be fantastic tales told by a trained professional of deception, Lunev’s seemingly incredulous assertions of an elaborate plot to attack America from within was later confirmed by former SVR officer Alexander Kouzminov, who stated in his book, Biological Espionage: Special Operations of the Soviet and Russian Foreign Intelligence Services in the West, the Soviet Union “was the only country in the world that could start and win a global biological war, something we had already established that the West was not ready for.”

According to Wiles, Lunev “said there will be a massive decapitation of the American government from top to bottom in a matter of days, and we [Russians] will put the country into a state of shock.
    “That, he said, is the official strategy, and that’s what they [leaders in Moscow] plan to do, and, he said, it has never changed.” [emphasis added].

And here’s why the U.S. has procured 1.2 billion rounds of hollow-point ammunition, according to Wiles. Moreover, according to him, the Russians appear to be correct in their assessment: the American people are so distracted by lives of entertainment, of consumption and of derelictions of civic duty, that the Russian plan to destroy America from within is quite achievable.

“Let’s not forget that the real person running [Department of] Homeland Security is not Janet Napolitano, it is Valarie Jarrett, the communist,” Wiles explains. “And her father-in-law was Vernon Jarrett, who was a close confidant of Frank Marshal Davis, Barrack Obama’s communist mentor.
    “And so, I’m going to continue to say on this radio program that, I believe Valarie Jarrett and David Axelrod, and these other commies are the real architects of this sinister plan to stockpile 1.2 billion rounds of ammo throughout the country.

“That it is not for law enforcement; it is to be turned over to a communist revolutionary army in this country.”

Wiles goes on to say that most Americans don’t realize that President Barrack Obama is a communist. “They don’t know it,” and “they don’t care,” says Wiles.

But, when the communist takeover is unleashed, presumably by a false-flag event or dollar devaluation, the American people will be in shock, he adds, just as Russians were shocked by the Bolshevik revolution and the rise of Joseph Stalin, the man who’s credited with the extermination of approximately 80 million Russians during his reign.

“An old fashion communist revolution is on the way,” says Wiles, suggesting, too, that that fact will become apparent soon enough, executed very quickly, and will shock, yet, another nation along history’s many roads to Communism

Read more: http://www.beaconequity.com/mystery-...#ixzz24T1pxllu
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

LOL wat?
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout