Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: National weather service ammo purchase.

National weather service ammo purchase.

According to drudge infowars and a couple of other news sites the nws has put in a request for 46,000 rounds of .40 cal jhp ammo. What would the nws need with ammunition?

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-n...unition-2012-8
    It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark.

Do you have a robot?
    You got me wondering about this and I did some research. Take a look at the below link it answers questions about the NOAA Office of Law Enforcement which is mentioned in the article so I would say that is the reason for the purchase.

http://www.nmfs.noaa.gov/ole/faq.html#q1

Thanks for the link. I appreciate it. Guess I should have dug a little deeper. With all the ordering DHS did recently I just assumed it was falling along the same lines. I didn't know the NOAA even had a law enforcement branch. You would think marine fisheries protection would fall to the coast guard and wildlife management arm of the state game and fish commissions.

Do you have a robot?
    No problem you got me wondering why needed ammo.

Even with that explained I still get the feeling our government is up to something sneaky and preparing for something bad to happen or are planning to make something bad happen.

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

40k rounds is not much ammo for a law enforment agency, especially when you factor in requal training which is required at least once a year. If one was to do some research it wouldnt surprise me if they made orders like this often.
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton

What about this one today by the ssa?

http://www.infowars.com/social-secur...point-bullets/

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Infowars as a news source for anything is highly suspect. Too much tinfoil and asshatery.

174,000 / 41 locations is 4243 rounds of ammo per location. Divide that by 12 months and that's a whopping 353 rounds per month.

In other words, assuming each location has only 1 officer, that's two range sessions per month.

And ohz to the noez, it's "hollow point bullets". Well no shit. That's what LEO's, citizens in home defense situations and anybody not in a state named New Jersey uses to effectively stop a threat.

Government organizations buy ammo kids. It happens and is not a sign of sinister activity. If anything, I'd like to see LEO's at all level dedicating more time to actually learning how to use their weapons well (he says with a broad brush).
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

I asked my brother about the NOAA ammo purchases since is retired Coast Guard and did a lot of fishery related boardings. He says the Coasties would be armed but the Fisheries person was usually a student intern who of course was not. His comment about the article: "This is scary. "

Why are these all HP ammo? Of course they would want HP for duty carry but for range practice?