Thread: Gerber BG Parang recall

Crotch Rocket

Gerber BG Parang recall

I saw this notice in WM today. Thought some of ya'll might like to know.

Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Paging Izzy....paging brother Izzy to the white Gerber Parang recall courtesy phone.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

Here is the scoop.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/money/co...eration-hazard

Posted: 08/16/2012

By: Associated Press

CLEVELAND - Gerber Bear Grylls Parang Machetes have been recalled because of weak handles that could pose a laceration hazard.

The recall involves 119,000 machetes imported by Gerber Legendary Blades of Portland, Ore. and sold at sporting goods stores nationwide and online from Jan. 2011 through June 2012.

The curved blade machete has an overall length of 19.5 inches and a blade length of 13.5 inches. The handle is a dark gray textured rubber grip with wrist lanyard, orange trim and a "BG" on it. The blade is marked with the "GERBER" trademark and a Bear Grylls trademark.

The machetes were sold separately or as one of the products in Gerber's Apocalypse Survival Kit and were manufactured in China.

A weakness in the area where the handle meets the blade can cause the handle or the blade to break during use, posing a laceration hazard.

So far, the firm received 24 reports of breakages, including one report of a laceration injury in Canada that didn't involve stitches.

Contact Gerber Legendary Blades at 1-877-314-9130 between 12 p.m. and 8 p.m. EDT Monday through Friday, or visit the firm's website http://www.gerbergear.com for more details.

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/money/co...#ixzz24ZAgYUtT

http://www.gerbergear.com/Meet-Gerbe...-Parang-Recall

Grylls Parang Recall

Gerber is voluntarily recalling our Parang machete, model numbers 31-000698, 31-001507, 31-000986, 31-001111, and 30-0006010, due to safety concerns. A weakness in the area where the handle meets the blade can cause the handle or the blade to break during use, posing a laceration hazard.

These Parangs were first sold in January of 2011. They were sold separately, and also as one of the products in Gerber’s Apocalypse Survival Kit.

If you own one of these Parangs, stop using it immediately, put it into its sheath, and follow these instructions:

Please provide us with your name, street address, city, state, zip code, telephone number and email. We will then send you a prepaid shipping carton for you to use to return your Parang to us at our expense. Once you receive the carton, please put your Parang in its sheath into the carton, seal the carton, and drop it off at any FedEx Mailing Location. After we receive your Parang, we will mail you a free replacement Parang. It may take a few weeks to process the returned Parang and send you your free replacement. We appreciate your patience.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you, but your safety is our primary concern
    You don't need to be the strongest
    or the most intelligent to survive
    but by having the right tools and
    the adaptability of change
    is where you will prevail.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

I got 2 of these things for the kids.....wonderful....

Guess that's what I get for bargain hunting a piece of hardware.

I'll just get a couple mil issues and cut them down.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Paging Izzy....paging brother Izzy to the white Gerber Parang recall courtesy phone.

roger.

I guess I'll send it on for a new one.

I like this blade.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com