Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Portable solar panel

Premium Member
    Okay, while traveling this, I tested out my new little handheld solar chargers. I think one is defective or has a defective adapter for the Iphone plug and one of them worked great for what it is. It charged my Iphone4s in about 2.5 hours. Like I said, I paid $30. for each and they have the built in batteries which makes a big difference in charging time for your device being charged. You can plug them in to 110 outlet for quicker charging of the built in battery or just leave them in the sun. I have the one I used yesterday on the dash charging up again and I will test it out on my Ipad2 and report how well it works.

I'll most likely shit myself

Nice review Willie. 2.5 hours for a phone isn't bad. One test I'd like to hear about if you get to, how long does it take to charge the internal batteries using just solar?

For the money, I think you've done well.

Has been known to provide fake cat info
    I use a 10w panel from PowerFilm, model F15-600. It puts out 12v that I use to recharge my Android/GPS and run my battery charger.

It folds up nice and small. Output goes to a cigarette-lighter style socket, and then from there I use an adapter that I bought at Frys to power various things. The battery charger has a 12v input in addition to the prongs for a wall socket.

Coleman battery packs also have a 12v input, so it works great with my LED lantern.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Very cool....do you have a source for the lowest price.

I have the better part of a AAR on the Brunton wrote up....just haven't finished it....this may be my inspiration.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Has been known to provide fake cat info
    Amazon puts them on sale periodically.