Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Portable solar panel

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Portable solar panel

Hey folks......just got it in the mail.....they are from Botach.....on ebay.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261051563869...84.m1497.l2648

They are on special at $30.....normally they run about $80-$100.

I charged my smart phone Friday.....took about 3.5...4 hours to get to full charge.....partly cloudly.

Next sunny day I'm gonna try my netbook or Kindle.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Premium Member
    Echo, that is a great deal. I picked up 2 small solar charges yesterday for $30. each at a local expo which are about the same size as an Iphone. They will go in BOBs. Also, the ones I bought will charge most smart phones in about 1.5 hours. One is a varible charger- 4.2 v, 5.5 v, & 9 v. But, I want to eventually get one like the one you have shown above.

What kind did you get.....cause the 2.5 to 4 hour charge time is why I got this one....

I have a couple smaller ones that would barely charge a smart phone in 8 hrs.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Premium Member
    They're obviously Chinese made, but on the box it says FOHS. They look almost like an IPod or something, but as the solar panel face. The one like yours was about $120. I am charging these up today to try them out to see how they work and will let you know. Hopefully, ther're not a piece of crap.

so they are the panel with the built in battery?....they work fairly well....the one I was using took about full day in the sun to charge the internal batt.....but it would charge the devices rather quickly.

Premium Member
    Okay, good to know. Both have built in batteries and are charging right now so we'll see.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Keep us posted on long term testing and evaluation please.

These are.....intriguing.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    That's pretty nice. We have a couple smaller ones with a battery, primarily for cell phones, but have yet to really try them.

I'm interested to hear how these work out as well, as we're interested in something larger for the laptops.

I'll most likely shit myself

Same here. I've looked at a few different models of this type set up. I want something to charge batteries, the kindles, laptops, & my ham HT batteries. These portable units have a lot of appeal to me. Can't wait to hear some real life reviews.

I'm trying to find a USB charger for my laptop...a Dell.