Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting 2012 - Pictures welcome

For the Love of Cats

Hunting 2012 - Pictures welcome

It seems that hunting season is either upon us, or about to be. Who's all going out, and for what?

Deer and bear both open here on Monday, and since it is a holiday, I'll probably grab the bow and go for a walk and see what is moving around. migratory and upland birds will be opening in a couple weeks, so I'm also looking forward to that.

Anyone else?
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

We are still a ways off, deer doesn't open for us until the first weekend of November for rifle, and the last weekend of October for bow. Not sure about the migratory birdl seasons.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

It's not hunting here....it's called waiting.

I got one of the harbor freight motion alarms out back near the orchard.....the herds are coming through around 7 in the eve....and leaving around dawn.

I know which 2 I want to harvest from here.

I'll go and nest on the hill above the exit route they have been following.....with my Hk93...If I'm lucky.....I'll get both the same morning.

Going to BOL to harvest 2 more with the bolt action Rem 700 .308.

Will grind most....jerk some....save the tender loins for breakfasts....yum.

If I get the smoker done.....??
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

I've been talking with Kodiak about getting out for deer when it opens. I wouldn't pass up a handful of squirrels for that matter.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

In his experience the hammer head is better

October 1st opens bow season. I am off work so I will be out there. Were blessed with a season that lasts untill the end of december. November 15 shotgun opens. I am hoping for 2-3 deer this year. Ive been very blessed my last three years have yeilded 4 big bucks. Now for clarification I dont hunt just bucks. I have had all does every year untill the last three. We have just had an influx of big bucks, and if there was a bigger bodied doe infront of him shed be the dead one.
    "When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson
    "It's less dangerous, to run across a wild animal than a stranger." Vasily Peskov

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

I'll take a doe over a buck most the time.....less it's a yearling I've been watching.

Heck....one of the best I've ever ate one of my buddies dropped off.....swear I had to wipe the milk off its lips.....
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    One of the bird seasons opened yesterday, no larger game for awhile yet.
    I have a trip planned for the first week of Dec. Everything that walks, crawls, or creeps will be in season. If it moves, we can shoot it.
    I'll be specifically after bear, and deer.
    I hope to have pics when I return.

Crotch Rocket

Hunting 2012 - Pictures welcome

I don't feel like I'd be ready in time for the archery deer opener, so its the Nov. 15 gun season for me. I got invited to a new place this year that has me pretty excited.

Coyote trapping opens Oct. 15 iirc. I'll be prepping some footholds soon. This is the first year I've gotten an ok and a location to use them.

I'll be hunting squirrel this fall, and rabbits in the winter months. I'd still like to find and drop a feral pig, no license needed for that.

Good luck everyone.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

Lunchbox and myself are hitting the woods Sunday in an attempt to get a few tree rats. I'll post some pics if we get lucky.
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton

Need the worlds hottest pepper seeds? See him...
    Well, just spent Labor Day at my buddy's place in eastern KY (Georgetown area) for thier archery opener.
    Between the full moon, temps in the mid 80's and the remnants of Hurricane Isaac the hunting was tough to say the least. We were rained on most of the weekend. I only saw one doe from the stand and it was on Monday morning. I had a 22 yard shot at her after watching her for almost 20 minutes from 75 yards out. I rushed the shot and sailed it over her back. She ran about 30 yards, stopped, looked around to see what just happened and then slowly walked out of my life. The arrow was solidly embedded into a stump behind where she stood.
    I may have to change my name to "stump killer" as I blasted a stump last year shooting at a nice 8 pointer.
    This was my first bow hunt after just getting back into it a couple of months ago after a long hiatus so I don't feel too bad about the miss.
    Oh, and of course the day I am flying back home, my friends son's buddies shot a handful of 140-153" bucks, some in full velvet. Seems to be my luck, a day late and a dollar short.
    The archery opener here in my area of FL opens next weekend so hopefully I can redeem myself.