Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What camouflage is best for your location?

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

be far enough away the enemies take care of taking care of each other....
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

In my area it would be Christian Louboutin shoes and Chanel. Unfortunately, I'm not even joking. Any kind of camouflage would stick out like a sore thumb if we had to evacuate and we would look suspicious enough to have the police called on us. What kind of camouflage would someone recommend? The oldest tree in our subdivision is probably 10 years old. Our subdivision is the oldest for a couple of miles. The "wildest" area is the sod farm near us. I would probably just stick to traveling at night and wear all black in certain emergencies. I would wear name brand jeans and a college sweatshirt or t shirt (a decent college but not too prestigious) and my husband has khaki cargo pants and a polo if we had to blend in/evacuate during the day.

Do you have a robot?
    Evolver I understand about keeping your enemies close however I also believe long distance is the next best thing to being there.........

For the Love of Cats

Around here, mossy oak is probably one of the best, although it has some drawbacks in the height of summer, as well as the depths of winter. I have a couple different types of snow camo, but they are 'meh' at best. Even brand new, they could not mimic the pure white of snow. That's kinda like me... Pure as the driven sn... yeah, no! I can't even say that with a straight face.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

Here in southern ohio woodland would prob be a good choice.
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Fall mossy oak type pattern is good in the desert as are tans cargo pants and a mossy oak fall pattern t-shirt. I have multi-cams that are good too. In the mountains I have a woodland digital that works pretty well. I have found over time that subdued colors like gray, dark green, green and black plaids are effective in the woods as well. And sometimes for shits and giggles I'll wear my tiger stripe BDUs, but they really are good for much out here.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

I'll most likely shit myself

Woodland is good for most of the year around here. I like my tiger stripes as well. I got a mossy oak parka that is pretty good in the winter since we get so little snow here.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Don't take this wrong (cause I like my cammies) but maybe regular civilian attire would almost be the way to go. Most individuals will be in civilian clothing unless they were ahead of the curve and that could make them/you a target. Of course, if your looking for that added edge or keeping a low profile (hiding) them camo is the way to go.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Well, where we actually live, Evolver's pic is right on.

I guess I'll just have to stand out then, because I'm not wearing my pants down below my ass, I don't care what anybody says about how cool it is.

Funny thing is, it started in prison as an "ad" for being available to be someone's "bitch".

Do you have a robot?
    Gunfixer you are just old fashion. I bet you remember way back when gay used to mean that you were happy...

To change gears a little we have gone over what we will be wearing, what about vehicles or locations? I see vehicles as being the hardest. If you have a completely camo vehicle and you go to your business meeting it might just draw a little attention unless you are a logger. So what about your vehicle, how are you going to set it up so you can camo it out but still be able to use it everyday. I have a bunch of camo netting that I keep on hand and want to add to it. However I do not carry it all the time it is stored at home.

As for my locations tree screens are good but they stand out too. I do like blackberries, because they will hide anything. I remember one home, if you want to call it that, was abated had a pile of old tires two stories tall covered with blackberries. Just some thoughts.