Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What camouflage is best for your location?

Is kinda partial to Charmin...can you spare a square

Camo

In our AO, Woodland works well. I'm going to do some experiments with this one:

http://www.a-tacs.com/2011/11/introd...-tacs-fg-camo/

It looks promising. Plus Propper makes it.

Bob
    III

Bacon Spam

On the bonus features on the DVD of the movie Shooter, Mark W said , you don't know if that tree is gonna be there, camo is something you do in the field ???

Bacon saver

I'd say a burgundy/brown leather, it really goes with the couch.....................

Be safe..............the night is your friend.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Quote Originally Posted by LUNCHBOX View Post
    Don't take this wrong (cause I like my cammies) but maybe regular civilian attire would almost be the way to go. Most individuals will be in civilian clothing unless they were ahead of the curve and that could make them/you a target. Of course, if your looking for that added edge or keeping a low profile (hiding) them camo is the way to go.
    I don't think camouflage is necessarily limited to military issue BDUs. As you say, blending in might just be a low profile outfit.

Depends on the situation and your needs to define what the best "camouflage" would be.

Showing up to a swap meet in a suit and tie might make you stand out a tad. Walking through the rough part of town with a fur coat makes you a prime target.

As always, mission drives the gear.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    I do remember when gay meant happy.

My BOV is already mostly earth-tone colors, so it's more or less ok now. However, as I drive almost 40 miles each way, and the BOV gets something around 12-14mpg, I drive something else, so I can paint it any color I like.
    Lots of folks around here are into hunting, and there is lots of prime hunting not that far away, so there are more than a few trucks decked out for hunting running around. It wouldn't stand out excessively.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    I'd say a burgundy/brown leather, it really goes with the couch.....................

Maybe that would work for this guy?

http://www.tshirthell.com/funny-shir...our-civilians/
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    One of the best Ive found so far has got to be multicam. Now, there is one camo pattern out there that I have to admit, cannot be beat. I had a set a long long time ago, and truly regret losing them here so many years later. That camo pattern is Thailand Royal Marines Tigerstripe from the late 80's. It was a black base, with a almost neon green and dark green stripe pattern. They worked extensively good in heavily forested areas. Ive never found another pair since that fit me. Being as how they are from Thailand, they are geared for a much smaller size and larger sizes are hard to find. I actually got my set when I did a training mission there and did some horse trading with a Thai Marine for a full set with boonie hat.

This is about the closest match I can find for it. . . http://www.ebay.com/itm/b0589-60-Vie...item5891605505
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    I don't think camouflage is necessarily limited to military issue BDUs. As you say, blending in might just be a low profile outfit.

Depends on the situation and your needs to define what the best "camouflage" would be.

Showing up to a swap meet in a suit and tie might make you stand out a tad. Walking through the rough part of town with a fur coat makes you a prime target.

In order to infiltrate the enemy one must smell like the enemy.................Fish balls and rice! Camel shit on a stick! Goats and onions! Need I say more?

Be safe.............the night is your friend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    Maybe that would work for this guy?

http://www.tshirthell.com/funny-shir...our-civilians/
    I was a "couch potatoe" at the time of my writing that thank you.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post

My buddy knows the guy (a class III manuf.) who did blank firing weapons for blackhawk down, saving private Ryan etc. he in turn knows the people who do the uniforms and tac gear for various movies... He was talking to my buddy about "train how you fight" etc. well, my buddy opened his mouth about he should train in a suit, with the chest rig from Heat... The movie prop guy offered to have someone make it for him, AND pay for the course, if he would take a tactical rifle course in a suit dressed like he was in the movie. He chickened out, but talk about looking out of place... Lol
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    My buddy knows the guy (a class III manuf.) who did blank firing weapons for blackhawk down, saving private Ryan etc. he in turn knows the people who do the uniforms and tac gear for various movies... He was talking to my buddy about "train how you fight" etc. well, my buddy opened his mouth about he should train in a suit, with the chest rig from Heat... The movie prop guy offered to have someone make it for him, AND pay for the course, if he would take a tactical rifle course in a suit dressed like he was in the movie. He chickened out, but talk about looking out of place... Lol

I'm down. I'll take the offer. Gotta get my Al Pacino on..........
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.