Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's the worst ...

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    Probably the worst would have to be a massive soft tissue trauma to the exterior groin resulting in torsion testicle. Size13 EE Steel toed boots to the nutsack will put a man down instantaneously. Ask me how I know.

Other than that, shrapnel wounds to body, bullet wounds, amputations, one decapitation, have all somehow become mundane in the life experiences. Sad fact of life, but true.
    half of me wants to ask, half of me cringes and says nope... none of those sound particularly fun to see...
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

I'm fortunate enough to not have had to deal with very many traumatic events. I've ALWAYS stopped at every car accident I've come across since I was trained to be a Life Guard 5 years ago, but the most I've done there is a couple band-aids, calm people down, and talk them through what was going on until EMT arrived.
    At my jobs the most I've done, again, is stop bleeding and treat burns, that's about it.

One time, in Basic Training, we received our occasional treat of a phone call home. While calling, my Wingman beside began clutching his chest in awful pain and crying/whimpering. Knowing he had a heart condition, I convinced an instructor to let me get him to some help. I had to mostly carry him down three flights of stairs and a quarter mile to the Squadron HQ for them to summon an ambulance, and I had to keep him as calm and as lucid as possible until the EMT arrived. Thankfully, he came out alright with some strange heart condition that I have no idea what it is called.

In his experience the hammer head is better

What's the worst ...

Just topped my previous trauma post. One fullsize truck, four 20 year olds in it. Decided to run from pd while drunk. Ran into a dead end at 100+ mph. Went 100yds into someone's lawn, rolled and got a tree. Most damage I've ever seen with one person ejected and thrown 75 feet from the vehicle. Dashboard was pressed more than a foot into the patient compartment along with the passenger side. The frame buckled and the truck was bent enough to rest on the front and rear bumpers. One killed, 3 severely wounded. I got to intubate, do a intraosseus drill, dress a massive head wound, and decompress a chest. Crazy night....
    "When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson
    "It's less dangerous, to run across a wild animal than a stranger." Vasily Peskov

Quote Originally Posted by apssbc View Post
    Just topped my previous trauma post. One fullsize truck, four 20 year olds in it. Decided to run from pd while drunk. Ran into a dead end at 100+ mph. Went 100yds into someone's lawn, rolled and got a tree. Most damage I've ever seen with one person ejected and thrown 75 feet from the vehicle. Dashboard was pressed more than a foot into the patient compartment along with the passenger side. The frame buckled and the truck was bent enough to rest on the front and rear bumpers. One killed, 3 severely wounded. I got to intubate, do a intraosseus drill, dress a massive head wound, and decompress a chest. Crazy night....
    that sounds like a resources nightmare... i take it at least 1 of them was life-flighted out?
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

In his experience the hammer head is better

It was a nightmare at first but went as smooth as any scene like that can go. We pulled all three of out trucks and one mutual aid rig. No life flight as extrication wasnt prolonged and were 30 min from the hospital. We had all four patients off scene in less than 20 minutes and all were too the hospital in less than 50. All around a good effort for a horrible scene. .
    "When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson
    "It's less dangerous, to run across a wild animal than a stranger." Vasily Peskov

Quote Originally Posted by apssbc View Post
    It was a nightmare at first but went as smooth as any scene like that can go. We pulled all three of out trucks and one mutual aid rig. No life flight as extrication wasnt prolonged and were 30 min from the hospital. We had all four patients off scene in less than 20 minutes and all were too the hospital in less than 50. All around a good effort for a horrible scene. .
    geez 30 minutes to the hospital? thats crazy,,,,