Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Simple Solar Homesteading

Do you have a robot?
    The problem with my location is that I will have a very hard and expensive time getting cement into my location. So when I do then it will be all at once. I would love to have a nice shop with a large slab floor but that will have to wait.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by hank2222 View Post
    You bring up a very good point about building a bigger off grid homestead most of the plans are for a small compact places not a family of four or five or six trying to make as a group .But for me the socalled plan fitts me to a T but it going to cost more than a $2000.oo dollars to build
    Yeah, I don't know where they are getting their prices from. Maybe recycled materials, friends and family doing the work and everything on sale? Or maybe they built it 20 years ago but aren't telling us that info.
    I apologize for nothing...

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    The problem with my location is that I will have a very hard and expensive time getting cement into my location. So when I do then it will be all at once. I would love to have a nice shop with a large slab floor but that will have to wait.
    I think we will have the same issue. We have to build a bridge first and then hopefully there won't be an issue getting a concrete truck up the hill. We were told today that the cost for concrete in the area is around $100 per yard, don't know if that's expensive or not.

I'll most likely shit myself

That seems to be about average for around here. I don't know how far up the hill you will have to go, but if it's not too far you may be able to use a pumper truck to get it to the build site.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

That's not a bad price.....make sure they don't have a delivery fee that jacks the price per yard up.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Do you have a robot?
    The bridge that I am talking abaout is about 1/2 mile away. Soooo my neighbor came up with an interesting solution. The bridge can take quite a bit of weight but not the weight of a full cement truck. So he got one empty one on one side of the bridge, a pumper on the other and pumped the cement across. Then they would truck it up the hill. Expensive yes however depending upon what you want it might be worth it. So if we go that route then everything that I have that requires cement will be formed and graded awaiting the cement arrival.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    That seems to be about average for around here. I don't know how far up the hill you will have to go, but if it's not too far you may be able to use a pumper truck to get it to the build site.
    Way too far for a pumper truck. They'll have to drive it. Just have to bite the bullet and do it. Met some preppers that live in the next town over and he has some friends who are basically rocket scientists and said to get the measurements for the bridge and he'll give it to them because they like to design that kind of stuff for shits and grins. Looks like we just found a designer for free! Yahoo. I'm all for free.

I'll most likely shit myself

Well that is excellent news Lady. Both on the help with the bridge and meeting some folks close by. I'll be interested in the bridge design to see what they come up with.

Realist, using two trucks is something not many folks would come up with. Great solution!

A laugh a minute
    That's great news. Free is better than cheap
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.