Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tire puncture kit for BOV

I'll most likely shit myself

Depends on the capabilities. And I am willing to save for it, not something I have to have tomorrow.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

I just keep a small battery booster with an on board compressor....for trips and such.

I'm in the market for a new one for the service truck....12v.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

I'll most likely shit myself

I haven't found them yet, but I thought they made some heavy duty models that would air guns and such. I'm pretty sure they used them on tractor/trailers or at least the heavy repair trucks.

Re: Tire puncture kit for BOV

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    I haven't found them yet, but I thought they made some heavy duty models that would air guns and such. I'm pretty sure they used them on tractor/trailers or at least the heavy repair trucks.
    While I've managed to get by on clearance bin "roadside" emergency compressors for most uses and have been through several of them, what i now have my eye on is a higher quality unit from these guys: http://www.viaircorp.com

While there are Constant Duty models that could do it, for realistically running high flow air tools like impact wrenches & air ratchets you're going to need an air tank. Give a look at some of the full combo kits for ideas. http://www.viaircorp.com/20001.html

Edit: of course thinking outside the box: if space is a premium & power not a concern, as opposed to an air tank, you can run two pumps in tandem for twice the CMF.
    Last edited by FL-Jeeper; 10-11-2012 at 11:29 AM.