Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tire puncture kit for BOV

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Tire puncture kit for BOV

Had an old welding rod box.....decided to put this together....after I picked up a screw in my work/utility truck.

valves and wrench....

patches, scuffer, and glue...

plugs and tool....

reamer....

caps....

I also have a booster pack that has an 12v compressor.....and a foot pump if that fails.

The kit stores nicely in our "travel truck tote".....has a few tools....antifreeze....fan belt....bulbs....etc.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Very nice.

Any experiences using it?

I've got similar but have never actually plugged a tire. I should probably remedy that before I'm on that dark lonely road.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Yup....the plugs work very well.....the installation of the plug isn't the issue....it's if the tire comes off the bead.

I do have a ratchet strap and a CO2 inflator.....but there are still no promises with even those on the side of the road.

Starter spray or carb/brake cleaner can do it.....but is very hazardous.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Bacon Spam

I carry the tire rasp and plug tool in my truck, but luckily I always find myself having to repair it in my driveway

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

I agree, the plugs work very well. I have found the pump is usually the issue (make sure you check your pump so it has enough pressure) I also feel "Fix-A-Flat" works better than the "Slime" but its anybodies ball game here.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

For the Love of Cats

I also carry a plug kit, and have used to far too often. Something else invaluable is a sturdy set of needle nosed pliers. Welding rod, nail, screw whatever, you cant plug the tire until the object is out.

x2 on the ratchet strap for re-setting the bead. and x2 on the quickstart. Watch your fingers, and your eyebrows!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

The hot sexy one

If SHTF event, I would put slime in all tires.....any small punctures would be sealed when they happen to avert the dreaded tire off rim when run low or a knot , the forumla is said to be good for 2 years once installed...Slime in some cases will cause a vibration at high speeds...It remains fluid in tire. Fix it flat is a good item also, just cannot be pre-installed and work worth a dime... It has the best inflating performance verses slime...

I slime all my low speed tires , riding mower, wheel barrows, yard truck, wheel dollies......

When plugging a tire , ideally you do not want any air in the tire, in some cases if you plug the tire when inflated it will allow air to get between the steel and rubber causing a knot....I have plugged many tires still inflated and only had one develop a knot...

For the Love of Cats

I've never used slime, but it seems like it might be worth picking up...

All my low speed tires are tubed (and a pain in the ass!) I wish I could use this in them

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

The hot sexy one

They have a tube forumla.....

For the Love of Cats

^
    god I love this forum!