Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone used the Icebox igloo making tool much?

Nice thing is, after a bit of time the igloo reaches 0C and you are protected from the -30C. Also no air movement. The 6-8 hour hot packs are handy for when lounging, when bought in bulk. It is a time to wear PJ's while in a sleeping bag though!

Love the technique of the dome tent form! Another thing to try if I'm somewhere within range of a lake, river or water hose. I go now to think of forms to use other than my tent..!

For the Love of Cats

watch garage sales and stuff. people are always dumping old tents for cheap.

I just picked up a couple that I am going to 'play' with next year... I want to set them up and then slowly start spraying them with a water/concrete mixture, to make a permanent hard shell, that I can use as a deer blind. Multi coats to get the thickness/strength, then cut out some 'windows/door.

Just working out the logistics of how to attach the cutout back on to make a functionable door
    Last edited by Sniper-T; 09-18-2012 at 06:14 PM.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I just picked up a couple that I am going to 'play' with next year... I want to set them up and then slowly start spraying them with a water/concrete mixture, to make a permanent hard shell, that I can use as a deer blind. Multi coats to get the thickness/strength, then cut out some 'windows/door.

Just working out the logistics of how to attach the cutout back on to make a functionable door
    When you do, please post pictures, I am interested in how that would work.