Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: QE3 just started

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    For the Stig household this means we need to brush up on our bartering skills, watch our budget & discretionary spending like a hawk and continue to try to do more with less.

I don't see any way that this doesn't end up with the mighty American dollar being worth the same as a Zimbabwean million dollar coin.
    There's nothing you have been waiting to pick up.....that would be better to get now rather than after hypre-inflation?
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Quote Originally Posted by Echo2 View Post
    There's nothing you have been waiting to pick up.....that would be better to get now rather than after hypre-inflation?
    Good question....maybe one of those slick Honda generators that I've been wanting. Can live without it since we already have a different genny but it would be nice to have.

Other than that, nothing critical comes to mind.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Good question....maybe one of those slick Honda generators that I've been wanting. Can live without it since we already have a different genny but it would be nice to have.

Other than that, nothing critical comes to mind.
    We had a chat with all the members of my group....we are doing another group buy of LTS food from the LDS and EE.

They way we are looking at it....if we spend $3500 now.....it will be the same as $7000 before the expiration dates.

May sound like a big increase.....but the price of quality food....and the general quality of all food will suffer during hyper inflation....fillers and all to stretch product.

I bought $80 worth of peanut butter last night.......along with ordering a extra set of heads for a Country Living grain mill.

We also have a guy picking up 12, 50lb sacks of popcorn....we'll bag and bucket it up at our fall meeting.

I have my eye on another pressure canner.....Model 910...we got a couple big boys....but this is the smaller one.....less fuel to preserve a small amount.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Doesn't change much here. We're strapped enough now that preps get added only occasionally, so that won't change. Might borrow a bit from my father to bolster a few things.

Eagle, you come down this way, you can stash you and yours here if need be. We're already at risk here in the city, so nothing changes.

I'll most likely shit myself

Those are some good ideas Echo. LTS food could well be the best investment right now. Implements to prepare or preserve food you grow are very important as well.

I am currently working on a substantial seed order to get sent off very soon. I'm also trying to get more perinnials going. Garlic, asparagus, horseradish, ruhbarb, etc. gonna expand the grapes as well. I went to the Co-op Thursday with the plans to buy 100lbs of open pollenated seed corn Not only did they not have the corn I wanted in bulk, they didn't have any smaller size bags either. The only seed they did have was turnips, mustard, collards, and radishes. I did get some horseradish roots and 100 apsparagus roots that were left overs. i got them for $3.00, so even if less than half of them come up, it was still a good buy.

BTW Eagle, you know you all have a spare nail to hang out on down here.