Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What gloves for armed operations?

I'll most likely shit myself

What gloves for armed operations?

Question for you folks. What type gloves do you use or would you be using for any sort of armed operations, whether patrol, urban, whatever the case may be? I have quite a few leather work gloves and other types for doing general labor. However none of the leather ones seem like they would work well in handling weapons. The mechanics type gloves fit much better, but I don't feel they would provide much of any protection.

I have looked at a few pair of leather shooting or driving gloves, but really haven't found anything that impressed me for this type usage. I would really like to hear from you folks that have had time in the military as to what you used and the pluses and minuses to them.

Where's the epi?

I would especially like to find some that would be warm and for women. That is one of the reasons I don't like to shoot in the winter.
    I apologize for nothing...

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

I got a set of HellStorms....and a good ole set of nomex flight gloves.....but if it's cold enough for me to wear gloves...I do like the fingerless with the mitten cover....magnetic hold backs....made from fast drying fiber.

Don't know where the wife got them....they are camo....If I see another set....I plan on grabbing them.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by Echo2 View Post
    I got a set of HellStorms....and a good ole set of nomex flight gloves.....but if it's cold enough for me to wear gloves...I do like the fingerless with the mitten cover....magnetic hold backs....made from fast drying fiber.

Don't know where the wife got them....they are camo....If I see another set....I plan on grabbing them.
    If she finds them will you pls PM me? It's about impossible for me to find small gloves in any style.
    I apologize for nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    If she finds them will you pls PM me? It's about impossible for me to find small gloves in any style.
    Roger that.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Crotch Rocket

I don't have any experience with tactical gloves, but I bought a pair of those cloth gloves with the textured rubber palms and fingers that work great in that role. It seems to me they afford even better dexterity than the mechanix gloves do, possibly because they seem to fit more snugly. The coating on the palms and fingers also provides the surest grip I've ever experienced with a glove.

They aren't very thick, but they offer some protection against scrapes and mild cold. I wouldn't sit outside inactive with them for very long here in MI, but I've used them for various activities without issue in mid-winter.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

I'll most likely shit myself

Lady, my wife has small hands as well. We found her some good leather ones at Tractor Supply. Got her 3 pair then. They fit pretty good and dexterity is decent.

MIT, I have some of those as well and I like them for various stuff. I just don't feel like they would give much protection from penatration or from being cut. They do a great job at grabbing small items.

Echo, I'll look intot he HellStorms. Never heard of them before.

Administrator

They are handing these types of gloves out when troops go overseas. I own a pair of Wiley x hard knuckle gloves. Light weight, form fitting,solid construction. I like the hard knuckles and keep them in my car in case I get into a "situation". I like the gloves so much Im actually am going to get some for the General. Check them out at
    http://www.uscav.com/productinfo.asp...=18593&tabid=1
    There is also a link to the Blackhawks hell storms in there too.

If these are out of the SHTF budget check out the tactical gloves made by Hatch.
    Last edited by 2die4; 09-16-2012 at 02:11 AM.
    I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

I have a pair like these, and another pair with full gloves under the mitt. I love them.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cloth...3Bcat104001480

Those are really good gloves....but they are no where near worth the $$$$$$

You can get a really nice pair of motocross gloves......or just check out mechanics gloves....you could get 5 or so pairs for that kind of cash.