Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to make/do with persimmons?

I took some pictures yesterday, for anyone who wanted to know what a persimmon looks like

They are pretty small, approx silver dollar size, and have a large pit, like a plum. They are sour, but I can see how with some sugar, in jam or a pie, they would be good.

I'll most likely shit myself

Those look nice. One of my uncles that I used to help get up hay had a tree beside his driveway going back to the barn. I'd always try and be riding the top of it comin in from the field so I could pick me 2-3 when we would come under it. Man those were good.

Apparently the deer think they look nice too, my husband found a couple buck rubs in that area....he has never gone hunting (which is odd, his father is an avid hunter), so I am trying to talk him into it this year. We shall see....we may get lucky

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

If they are still sour wait a little longer. When ripe they are delicious.

I swore all summer I wouldn't be roped into making any jams or jellies this year, what with the baby and every other blessed thing we have going on. But I have to say, looking at those loaded tree's, I am wavering.......

Re: What to make/do with persimmons?

Quote Originally Posted by 4suchatimeasthis View Post
    I swore all summer I wouldn't be roped into making any jams or jellies this year, what with the baby and every other blessed thing we have going on. But I have to say, looking at those loaded tree's, I am wavering.......
    If you do make some I would love to get a recipe from you. I know I can find them but I prefer to get my recipes from known sources versus random websites.

^^^Will do!