Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prepping Book - Preparedness: The Basics and Beyond

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Quote Originally Posted by prepguide View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Echo, I'm not sure if they are offering it or not. It is available through Amazon as either a Kindle E-book or in print. If you are an Amazon Prime member it is a free download.
    Hey Prep....do you get anything off the lending off prime?
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

prepguide
    Yes I still get my full commission for each download.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Sweet...just downloaded it.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

prepguide
    My thanks to you and I sincerely hope that you enjoy it. I welcome any and all comments about it as well. If you really like a certain part please let me know and even more important to me is that if you read something you don't agree with or feel is incorrect information let me know! I strive to put out correct information while helping people.
    Last edited by prepguide; 01-20-2013 at 03:06 PM.

prepguide
    Finally got to see the review in Backwoods Home magazine today on my book. I have to admit I was caught off guard by the length of the review. It is one entire page and I wanted to share some of the quotes from it.

Mark A. Smith lays out a wealth of information on things the well-prepared individual or family should have and do.

His chapter on weapons is one of the best I've seen.

My overall impression is that this book contains a ton of information.

The review was done by Claire Wolfe so this is pretty high praise (stand back so my ego doesn't run you over LOL) In fairness she does correctly take me task on a few points but those points are being addressed in the sequel.

Just wanted to share that with you.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by prepguide View Post
    Finally got to see the review in Backwoods Home magazine today on my book. I have to admit I was caught off guard by the length of the review. It is one entire page and I wanted to share some of the quotes from it.

Mark A. Smith lays out a wealth of information on things the well-prepared individual or family should have and do.

His chapter on weapons is one of the best I've seen.

My overall impression is that this book contains a ton of information.

The review was done by Claire Wolfe so this is pretty high praise (stand back so my ego doesn't run you over LOL) In fairness she does correctly take me task on a few points but those points are being addressed in the sequel.

Just wanted to share that with you.
    Again congrats buddy!!! Can't wait to get my copy of the book from Amazon. Kinda thought it would show today, so should be here any day now.
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!

Awesome! I will have to hunt up a copy of said periodical. Very nice, Prepguide!
    "Treason to tyranny is fidelity to liberty."

Premium Member
    Yeah!!! Got my copy today. Prepguide, looks pretty awesome so far.

Premium Member
    I just had a chance to sit down and read the book, Preparedness: The Basics and Beyond, that I ordered from Amazon. I would first like to say that this is a very good book and wish it was around about 4 years ago when we got really serious about preparing for more than just hurricanes.

It was well written and easy to read. The title says it all, “the basics and beyond”. It’s a great guide for the beginner and experienced Prepper in my opinion. I don’t care who you are or what level you think you’re at, this book is a great reference. I highlighted and made notes as I read. The author uses a common sense approach to everyday preparedness. Many times I would think, wow, I could have written that and many times I would think, wow, I should have thought of that or done that already. This book has helped us to re-adjust some of our thinking and our plans, especially since we were having to do it anyway because of our recent move to northwest Florida.

As I read I also decided that this is a great book to give to those we care about, whether family or close friends who are aware that they need to prep at some level but are riding the fence for some reason. So that being said, we ordered 5 more books to give out and maybe inspire some of these folks to do the right thing for themselves and their family. By them reading it in a well written book, they would take it more serious. A great tool for getting people on board and maybe building or adding to the group.

Anyway, I felt like I needed to share this and thanks to Prepguide for a really good book.

Premium Member
    Got my 5 new copies of the book in today from Amazon! Will give out 2 of them this week.