Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Turn on your TV: Revolution is on!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie51 View Post
    You can also watch it for free on www.abc.com
    So sorry TAZ, I meant www.nbc.com. Sorry about that.

A laugh a minute
    So sorry TAZ, I meant www.nbc.com. Sorry about that.
    N P Haven't had time to try any of them out yet.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

Kind of a Hunger Games meets Jericho plot. Everyone seems to be quite stupid in this show. A few more bad decisions by the lead characters and I'll be watching something else. Based on what I've seen so far, it is a wonder anyone survived.
    As for why you haven't seen any signs of ANT's, we are all on Aruba, partying it up, and we have power.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stg1swret View Post
    Kind of a Hunger Games meets Jericho plot. Everyone seems to be quite stupid in this show. A few more bad decisions by the lead characters and I'll be watching something else. Based on what I've seen so far, it is a wonder anyone survived.
    As for why you haven't seen any signs of ANT's, we are all on Aruba, partying it up, and we have power.
    I agree, I've about decided give it up. That stupid constipated look that Charlie keeps giving....hmm? But that's just me.

Bacon saver

Well I look at it like at this. as that I can pick it apart not so much as the "quality" of the show and the plot. Like I would have killed the Insurance adjuster right off the bat, not questions asked,and let him go and be captured ALL OVER AGAIN. I could go on, bit i won't, I'm looking at it as a training tool. I can watch the show use my survival experience, draw upon my instructor training and create a survival scenario. That is not quite the same as the show but it gives me some basic Ideas, then expand/contract ideas and develope a tactical/survival scenario based on the skill level of our "colony". Now for those that want to engage their minds ad try to enhance their mental/ psycological an physical capabilities are more than welcome to. But those that don't , do not need to comment on what is good bad or indifferent. Go grow your garden,can you your veggies or whatever. I myself spread myself around. Keeping my mind flexible and open. I enjoy the hell ourt of this site and learn quite extensively from alot of experts in their own feilds, some novces' as well.
    So here i sit at the "Warriors Round Table" NOW for just that.................warriors..........to stratigize, and, adapt, overcome and improvise. Above all else defeat the enemy at their enemy at their own game and win at all cost, save your colony and the group, survival. Prepare isn't that the name of the game, the site? Teach your fellow prepper, enjoy each others company and if at all possible lend a had when one in is in need of help!

Let me know if I missed something?
    Peace love and no underwear!
    Brownwater Riverrat OUT!.....................
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Premium Member
    BWRR, I enjoy your scenarios better than the show. And I will continue to read and learn from them, but under the rules of engagement on this site for participating in the Warriors Round Table, I am not qualified to comment according to the rules. I served in the Army many years ago and had a desk job. So since I did not see combat or have not been a Law Enforcement Officer, I'll just had to read what you warriors write. I honor and respect you guys more than you know.

Bacon saver

BWRR, I enjoy your scenarios better than the show. And I will continue to read and learn from them, but under the rules of engagement on this site for participating in the Warriors Round Table, I am not qualified to comment according to the rules. I served in the Army many years ago and had a desk job. So since I did not see combat or have not been a Law Enforcement Officer, I'll just had to read what you warriors write. I honor and respect you guys more than you know.
    No problem Willie I just jumped into another one! So Grab your gear and let's "blow some bubbles" posted by Jimmy24

The source of all known trouble in the universe

In the last episode of Revolution (S01E04), one of the guys said:

"We prepped for everything. We had food, medicines and everything else, but we did not stock on weapons. It ended up to be a grave mistake! They came and they took everything, the food, the medicines, everything."

Bacon saver

JUST LIKE THEY DID TO US........after the tornados in huntsville, they took/bought everything. Only the opposite.........But we got our weapons too...................

Crotch Rocket

Willie, is the section in bold throwing you off?
    There will be a higher requirement for participation in WRT than on the rest of our site. It will be expected that the people giving answers have some sort of relevant experience to the subject matter. In short, no wannabe warriors will be tolerated. While we wish to have real, gritty and honest discussions there will be heavier than normal mod activity in this forum to ensure some half-baked nut doesn't come in an spew nonsense. All are invited to ask questions to learn. Only those with real experience/training should be answering however. There will be no exceptions here.
    If so you're cleared hot for engaging the scenarios there. I mean, c'mon, its a freaking pirate who may or may not have a submarine fleet posing the questions!

But all kidding aside, read the following quote, as I am asking and presenting you some info the same as LT COL Grossman is in the book I pulled this from,
    If you are in a war, you are a warrior. Is there a war on drugs? Is there a war on crime? Is there a war against terrorism? Are you confronting and containing aggression as a peace officer at home, a peacekeeper in some distant land, or a warrior combating terrorism around the world? Or perhaps you have chosen to be a martial arts practitioner or an armed citizen, seeking to defend yourself or your loved ones in their hour of need? Are there people who wake up every morning determined to send you back to your family in a box?
    Then you are in a war and you are a warrior.
    There are only two kinds of people once the bullets start to fly: warriors and victims, those who fight and those who are unprepared, unable or unwilling to defend themselves.
    I'm struggling with how to most clearly impart this in print, because its not as if the rules don't apply to scenarios... they do, but I believe its likely to be one of those areas where moderator discretion comes into play. The way I see it, if a recognized subject matter expert poses a scenario, replies are open to anyone because s/he is using it as a group learning tool. The revolution series of scenarios is a prime example of this. Those scenarios also have another aspect to them that anyone can use. They ask you to draw upon your own skills and experiences, without exception, in making replies.

In such cases as outlined above moderator discretion would allow for discussion to flow unimpeded so the free exchange of ideas can allow learning and growth amongst the membership. I'd expect SME's to chime in to support good info and refute bad ideas. I'd also hope the free talk would help inspire more specific topics for the SME's to develop as lessons in individual threads. Tracking so far?

Now, if a member introduces a more limited scenario that pertains to a narrow band of skill sets, I'd expect only those with experience or training in those skill sets to reply.

The goal behind the rules isn't to limit member participation, but to make sure information isn't passed that could get a member injured, killed, or jailed. To put it even more simply, if you don't pretend to be an expert in something you're not, and don't pass of bad info in the process, you should be ok.
    Last edited by mitunnelrat; 10-12-2012 at 11:49 PM.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!