Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Turn on your TV: Revolution is on!

Bacon saver

Turn on your TV: Revolution is on!

IT'S HAPPENING NOW! EVERYTHING IS TURNING OFF NOW.....................it's shutting down.........now................bye bye.........

Be safe................the night is your friend

A laugh a minute
    Watched it last night on the internet, lol. Really good.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

I'll most likely shit myself

DVR'd it. Prolly watch this weekend.

The source of all known trouble in the universe

I just watched the first episode. Backpacker, don't read the following.

1/ I would have loved a few episodes about the 15 years.
    2/ 80 millions in the bank ... gone! Need to buy some precious metals, just in case, or some "Charmin" paper.
    3/ Must remember the poisoned whiskey in the BOB. Neat trick.
    4/ A good blade and how to use it is a must.

Bacon saver

Well it doesn't seem to be too bad of a show. But funny how it seems that all these "disaster survival" series programs are now popping up. Before it was like Taboo, "Jericho" was frowned upon(my opinion). Now they seem to be everywhere, movies, TV, etc. I guess they want us to prepare, Hmmmmmmmmmm? Guess they should call this one the Newt Gingrich hour. In light of he's the only one that was concerned of an EMP strike. But it was a pretty realistic scenario in the beginning of the program, planes falling out of the sky all at once and all. But I didn't like how they skipped the initial chaos, guess they don't want to PUT THE FEAR OF GOD INTO PEOPLE AND MAKE IT TOO REAL! I mean with all the riots, looting, killing, raping, starvation you know................ like New Orleans. Funny, the people of Alabama and Mississippi didn't behave that way...............

Be safe.............the night is your friend.

A laugh a minute
    I didn't like the 15 yrs later thing either. Also notice that every one of these movies have the cars, planes anything that has a motor and wheels just stops. Also you would think that they had 15 yrs to explore their surrounding for useful things they could use. But it show the girl acting like that was something new she just found close to home, the RV. And then they showed the homemade medicine for the boys Asthma. All in all it starts out OK.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    Well it doesn't seem to be too bad of a show. But funny how it seems that all these "disaster survival" series programs are now popping up. Before it was like Taboo, "Jericho" was frowned upon(my opinion). Now they seem to be everywhere, movies, TV, etc. I guess they want us to prepare, Hmmmmmmmmmm? Guess they should call this one the Newt Gingrich hour. In light of he's the only one that was concerned of an EMP strike. But it was a pretty realistic scenario in the beginning of the program, planes falling out of the sky all at once and all. But I didn't like how they skipped the initial chaos, guess they don't want to PUT THE FEAR OF GOD INTO PEOPLE AND MAKE IT TOO REAL! I mean with all the riots, looting, killing, raping, starvation you know................ like New Orleans. Funny, the people of Alabama and Mississippi didn't behave that way...............

Be safe.............the night is your friend.
    Jericho was only frowned upon by people who don't want Americans to realize they can "do it" on their own, it was just too red-blooded American for the network. I'll always believe that was the reason for the first time it was cancelled, and it was brought back due to the "nuts" campaign by the fans.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by Taz Baby View Post
    I didn't like the 15 yrs later thing either. Also notice that every one of these movies have the cars, planes anything that has a motor and wheels just stops. Also you would think that they had 15 yrs to explore their surrounding for useful things they could use. But it show the girl acting like that was something new she just found close to home, the RV. And then they showed the homemade medicine for the boys Asthma. All in all it starts out OK.
    I gotta admit, that was the best fuckin use for a Prius I've ever seen yet! (gutted and used for a planter) Pardon my excitement.

Be safe...............the night is your friend.

Do you have a robot?
    RJ there is something definitely wrong when some one has to resort to putting poison in their whiskey, that is just wrong. BR you are soooooooooo right I bet that Prius still has the sticker to allow them to drive in the car pool lane, bastards.......

I just wonder what happened to the modern firearms. Oh I forgot in a SHTF situation all the guns will evaporate and only the bows and arrows will be allowed. Oh yah only the bad guys might have one or two.

I am in agreement I would much rather see the first 15 years.......

Looking to learn how to spoon....wait....what's that....oh....MAKE spoons
    It's pretty good. My guess is that there are going to be some flashbacks, maybe an episode or two, dedicated to looking back in the 15 years from what happened to their present day.

There are a lot of questionable things, but I like it.