Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This is what I am looking for.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Beautiful place, but I had no idea land was that expensive up there.

Give him a home, where the buffalo roam, and they make "wood" for his cookin fires all day
    you get 29 acres, several structures, 3 boats and a truck... plus some other stuff for the price. Its an ok price.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropy View Post
    you get 29 acres, several structures, 3 boats and a truck... plus some other stuff for the price. Its an ok price.
    I know the airboat is worth a good bit. I am just used to 2k to 2500 a acre.

It sure is a beautiful place.

For the Love of Cats

25 an acre??? wow. most land around here go for about $1000/acre
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    25 an acre??? wow. most land around here go for about $1000/acre
    2500 a acre is about the going price around here, now west Texas you can get it for 500 an acre.

You guys are killing me. IF you can find an acre here, it will be at least $400,000, not including structures. It used to be one million dollars at minimum during the bubble. I can't even imagine what 29 acres looks like. I have what is considered a large lot, and it is either just under or just over 1/3 an acre, including the house and parkway. I would really hate to see the property tax on something like that.

But that property is so freaking awesome! It just steels my resolve to get the hell out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by msomnipotent View Post
    You guys are killing me. IF you can find an acre here, it will be at least $400,000, not including structures. It used to be one million dollars at minimum during the bubble. I can't even imagine what 29 acres looks like. I have what is considered a large lot, and it is either just under or just over 1/3 an acre, including the house and parkway. I would really hate to see the property tax on something like that.

But that property is so freaking awesome! It just steels my resolve to get the hell out of here.
    I bought 64 acres and a house for under 200k. And my property tax is about 500 a year.

Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    I bought 64 acres and a house for under 200k. And my property tax is about 500 a year.

Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post

I pay just under $11,000 a year in property taxes for my little patch of land, and the realtor lied about the school district. My daughter gets bussed to a different school than the one 4 blocks away from us. But at least her school ranks higher than all the in-town schools in the area, so screw them. I can't wait to move!

Walking on Sunshine

Can I come, Can I, Can I pleeeeaase! That is phenomenal.Good luck

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Beautiful place indeed.

Small world...I started watching Alaska State Troopers last year and they talked about the Kenai Peninsula a lot.

Good luck man...hope it works out for you.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout