Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This is what I am looking for.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropy View Post
    Actually the area doesnt get as cold as you might think. It gets a good amount of snow though. Along the coastal areas of alaska it isnt as cold as the northern interior. For example down around Junea, Sitka, Ketchikan it gets down in the 30's average during the winted. Anchorage is actually warmer than where i live now thru the winter.

From the spot to anchor point is a 40 minute boat ride. Not bad really. And i agree, it is a helluva safe place to be. IF i buy it we will return it to its former glory as a small vacation lodge and fish camp. So folks will be invited up.
    Looks and sounds like an awesome place there Dropy. Hurry up and buy it, the wife and I wanna go back. We were just in Juneau and Ketchikan. What a beautiful area! We've never seen so many bald eagles in one place than in Ketchikan. I counted 31 in a single tree one day. And the whales....oh my!! Got some great photos. The dungenous crabs are to die for too. Wow, I'm ready to go back now. Alaska is truly one of our last frontiers.

Premium Member
    Hey, I just though of something. Dropy needs to buy this and he can host a national M&G for us at his place. We pay of course.

Give him a home, where the buffalo roam, and they make "wood" for his cookin fires all day
    Once i get settled up there and get it all figured out i will post a welcome to any who wanna come up. You pay the way up and we will take care of the rest. Excluding liquor, your personal needs such as toothbrush, deodarant, photography needs, souveniers etc.

I am truly hoping we are able to get this place, or someplace like it so that we will be able to work from home, and in case of a shtf event we have room for others, land to grow on, and a solid safe place.

Premium Member
    ^Awesome. That would be the ultimate getaway!

GunnerMax
    Don't forget about OPSEC. Otherwise, what a nice place, view, and resources. Good luck!

Give him a home, where the buffalo roam, and they make "wood" for his cookin fires all day
    the reason for a place like that IS OPSEC!! Nearest town is 100 people....across large body of water many miles away.