Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Casualty Drag Strap Kit

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Casualty Drag Strap Kit

Endom USA makes their Dragster Strap Kit for emergency hauling of incapacitated or large mammal type people. Fact of the matter is some of us can't fireman carry another human for a number of reasons. The strap can be used as a field expedient method to drag someone and make leverage your friend. It can be used for other lifting/dragging/hauling applications also.

Here is what Endom says about it:

Overview: Emdom-MM Dragster Strap is an ultra compact emergency drag / utility strap system (1,995 lbs static load limitation) designed by Emdom USA and MM from www.militarymorons.com. Its primary use is to assist in (hand-free) dragging a wounded or immobile person away from immediate danger when used in conjunction with a rigger belt and two carabineers / snap links (not included). Other uses include hauling up / securing a load, assisting a person to overcome / descend from a wall / slope, or functioning as a handy webbing / buddy link. The system is multifunctional, yet compact enough to be carried by anyone, and can be deployed instantly without complications.

I thought this was rather cool and was "this close" to ordering a couple. I thought this might be a good addition to a car kit along with general use on my gear. While I have no illusions of dragging downed buddies off the battlefield I do see this as useful for a smaller gal to haul an larger injured fella. Or to get better leverage if the footing is not secure/slippery or you simply can't get a good angle on something you need to move.

It then dawned on me that I have the stuff laying around to mimic such a kit.

I took a Tactical Tailor compass pouch and added a ratcheting strap like you use to secure cargo on your car carrier. I had a real-deal carabiner laying around and for good measure I added a length of 550 paracord.

Blamo....expedient causality drag kit.

Now the cargo strap is only rated to around 100lbs which is clearly not enough. But for the short term it will make do. Next time I go to Lowes/Wall-Mart I'll pick up a heavier duty one.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Very nice.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Crotch Rocket

Casualty Drag Strap Kit

I'd like to "like" this.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

I'll most likely shit myself

Very good idea Stig. i just need to add some strapping material. Our GHB's already have a biner and at least 100 ft of 550 cord. Same deal when we hike, that stuff is there like a compass, firestarter, water. It is rarely used, but invaluable if you need it.

Clever, very clever!

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Wait a minute......you mean you didn't already have most that stuff in your kit anyway?

I have a 10+ ft chunk of 1" webbing with sliders and a couple buckle to use for lashings/ tourniquet in my kit....always have a bundle of para-cord....and I only use rated biners to hold gear and such to my pack.

Guess I'm good...

BTW.....go ahead an splurge on the rated rigging.....in case you really have to move something heavy.

I've towed a car with para-cord.....and didn't worry about doing so either.....granted it was about 7 laps....
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

For the Love of Cats

Why not go with something like this:

http://ca.wholesalesports.com/storef...prod64208.html
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Most folks react poorly to being drug around by the neck....
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

For the Love of Cats

If they cannot walk on their own, they shouldn't be so picky!

Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Quote Originally Posted by Echo2 View Post
    Wait a minute......you mean you didn't already have most that stuff in your kit anyway?
    Oh sure...I have big ass tow straps in the vehicles that could be used to haul someone.

Thought this would be a simpler standalone kit that we'd actually remember to use in the heat of the moment.

Also, this can be attached easily to a chest rig. Vehicle tow straps...not so much.

Besides.....just using the vehicle tow straps wouldn't let me mess around with a new pouch and chest-rig set up. What fun would that be?
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout