Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FLASH Gasoline prices on the rise on the Left Coast

Do you have a robot?

FLASH Gasoline prices on the rise on the Left Coast

News flash gasoline prices have gone up on the Left Coast. How much, about 50 cents over the past few days there are now some places that are selling it at over $5.00 per gallon. I would not be surprised to see some fights in some of the big lines. In Southern Cal Costco has sold out and does not know when they will be getting in more. I went out and topped off the vehicles at Costco up here and paid 50 cents less than any other gas station. I would imagine that it has gone up today.

So why are the costs going up so much. Well a lot of it is the regulations that they have adopted that are so restrictive that we cannot import gasoline from other states due to the formulation. With all our refineries on line they can keep everyone going. The problem is that there are two that are out of commission and another one that had a temporary power outage. This all puts a huge strain on the system. So they raise prices as the quantity is restricted. It really is a good lesson to all to make sure that you keep vehicles topped off and supplies rotated.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Kalifornastan has surpassed Hawaii in gas price.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Where's the epi?

Saw that today....the price went up .12 overnight. Ours is $3.49 or so. Really glad we we don't live out there. Sympathy to you guys.
    I apologize for nothing...

prepguide
    if you didn't know you can use www.gasbuddy.com to monitor gas prices by county all over the continental US. Its free and updated quite regularly. Just click on the top for gas price map
    Last edited by prepguide; 10-06-2012 at 11:09 PM.

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

Added to my bookmarks. Thanks PG
    You don't need to be the strongest
    or the most intelligent to survive
    but by having the right tools and
    the adaptability of change
    is where you will prevail.

Bacon Spam

dayum still about $ 3.50 here

Premium Member
    Topped off truck and 60 gals. in some cans today at Sam's for $3.48 here.

prepguide
    Prepper buddy of mine in SoCal told me today that gas in his area jumped .45 in the last 24 hours. That has got to hurt! Seems like we are dying the death of a thousand cuts

Ya know how the Amish are always asking us "English" for rides here and there in town, because they don't drive? Well, at these gas prices, I wonder if anyone asks them for a ride in the buggy.

I feel for you guys out there in CA....hope the prices drop down soon!

Bacon saver

The way I see it, you can thank this debate (coincidence maybe) Pelosi "SKelitor" as I like to call her has such control over that place. There's no real reason at all for this to happen. I don't care what the excuse is. You're looking at the beginning of a soon to be panic. Little Harry (her Butt Shark) next door "Nevada" will be next to follow (need to call Mom and little brother) seriously stand back and look at it. The excuse originally posted for the refinery shut down was a power outage, also something about a pipeline incident????(simultaneous coincidence?) Also local refineries were dropping production levels, exporting supply to Mexico and other countries, and allowing inventory to dwindle in anticipation of switching over to production of winter blend gasoline. This is an intentional choke hold to "hard working American" it's all pre-planned. At least that seems to appear that way to me....................but what do I know, they are sending our gas to MEXICO! across the damn border!
    I'm going to go make some more bullets and get another cup of coffee.......oh Mornin Ya'lll!
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.