Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 on The Pegasus (Warning! Pic Heavy)

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

2012 on The Pegasus (Warning! Pic Heavy)

Well I just got back off of the best tuna charter I've ever been on and one that I really needed. My personal catch was 5 species; bluefin tuna, yellowfin tuna, skipjack tuna, dorado and yellowtail. Two guys on the boat got 6 species by catching albacore.

A Blackhawk on the way to the bait barge

Downtown as seen from the Harbor

Old Grumpy looking a little careworn at the beginning of the trip
    Last edited by Grumpy Old Man; 10-07-2012 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Mistake
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Fish eatin' sea dogs basking at the bait barge.

Three species of fish eatin' sky rats on the Barge.

- - - Updated - - -

Sunrise over the Pacific

Sunset
    Last edited by Grumpy Old Man; 10-07-2012 at 09:08 PM.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

3 rods in action (there were 5 or 6 others that I couldn't get in) while I took a break.

Carnage!

Quo Vadis?

My final tally for 2 1/2 days:4 Yellow fin, 3 Blue fin, 1 Skipjack, 1 Dorado (mahi mahi), 5 Yellowtail.

This is just a picture I like. We pass this buoy going out and coming back in.

Quo Vadis?

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

Nice pic's there Grumpy!!! Looks like you had so good seas too.
    You don't need to be the strongest
    or the most intelligent to survive
    but by having the right tools and
    the adaptability of change
    is where you will prevail.

I'll most likely shit myself

Nice Haul Grumpy! I like the pics as well.

Very nice! Those pictures are great, and it looks like you had a really nice time! I especially liked the sunset picture, looks like a calendar shot!

So....being a northern gal, transplanted to Tn, I don't know a thing about preparing fish like that (unless it comes frozen in a bag, lol)....how do you eat em? Any secret recipe's to share? I love me some mahi mahi with a nice mango salsa...but tuna, I think I've only ever had in a sandwich.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Great Grumpy, now I'm hungry and can you guess what for?
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Great pics. Looks like you had a great time, congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by 4suchatimeasthis View Post
    Very nice! Those pictures are great, and it looks like you had a really nice time! I especially liked the sunset picture, looks like a calendar shot!

So....being a northern gal, transplanted to Tn, I don't know a thing about preparing fish like that (unless it comes frozen in a bag, lol)....how do you eat em? Any secret recipe's to share? I love me some mahi mahi with a nice mango salsa...but tuna, I think I've only ever had in a sandwich.
    We'll be having blue fin belly fat sashimi with yellowtail fish tacos at lunch today! Tuna is great smoked, lightly seared with wasabe, grilled and made into an oriental salad, canned, stir fried with bok choy, a la creole, and steaked. (Sounds like Bubba in Forest Gump, doesn't it?) Seriously, I just find a recipe and adapt it to the fish. Also, the best wine to drink with any of these dishes is the wine you like best!

Quo Vadis?