Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Greenhouse

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Come on guys....22 is young...but not a baby.

Heck....I had been in the work force for 7 years by the time I was 22.

Went from pushing pizza to hotel kitchen and roomservice to metal fab shop and self employed....all the while working for a carpenter and a mason and mowing lawns on the side.

I just never go into partying hard.....especially if there was money to be made.

I was the kid who always had his nose in the middle of a project asking why were they doing it that way.....in retrospect.....I probably was pretty annoying.....but I guess not much has changed on that end....
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

I'll most likely shit myself

Nice work Buddy. What depth is your pump pulling water from?

Premium Member

The Greenhouse

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Nice work Buddy. What depth is your pump pulling water from?
    The 2" pipe is down 40' and the 1 3/4" is down 8ft. It's still pulling sediment after ~20 gallons but that's to be expected for the next month or two while I pump it full of water to break up the sediment and then pull it out with the pump. I'm guesstimating a 4' bowl so far. I really want to double that.

Edit: This is all because of the high water table in Florida. There are well's that are hundreds of feet deep that don't even hit water all over the mountains.

I also have the remains of an old house and I am hunting there to find the open well that has to be near that old home. Out here you couldn't survive without a well and based on the age of the bricks there has to be an open well out there somewhere.
    Last edited by Buddychrist; 10-16-2012 at 01:33 AM.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by Echo2 View Post
    Come on guys....22 is young...but not a baby.

Heck....I had been in the work force for 7 years by the time I was 22.

Went from pushing pizza to hotel kitchen and roomservice to metal fab shop and self employed....all the while working for a carpenter and a mason and mowing lawns on the side.

I just never go into partying hard.....especially if there was money to be made.

I was the kid who always had his nose in the middle of a project asking why were they doing it that way.....in retrospect.....I probably was pretty annoying.....but I guess not much has changed on that end....
    Yeah, by 22 I had a wife and kid and done 5 years in the military, and had been working for 7 years total.

Premium Member

The Greenhouse

Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    Yeah, by 22 I had a wife and kid and done 5 years in the military, and had been working for 7 years total.
    Well I have a wife, son, 3 years FD, 2 years contracting, and a year or so of mowing lawns.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by Buddychrist View Post
    Well I have a wife, son, 3 years FD, 2 years contracting, and a year or so of mowing lawns.
    Not knocking you, you do great work and seem to be providing great for your family. Just giving some perspective since it seems some think 22 is real young. By 22 many people have lots of life experiences. Keep it up, you are doing way better than most your age. Hoping my kids do as well.

The older we get it 22 seems younger and younger. We just have to think back to when we where that age.

I'll most likely shit myself

I don't think anyone was knocking Buddy. It's just some 22, hell I know some folks in their 40 that don't produce the quality of work Buddy has shown. The talent to be able to perform work like this is one thing. To be able to produce high quality work is something else.

Kuddo's Buddy.

100 years ago an accomplished 22 yr old husband and father was the norm. These days you are lucky if your 22 yr old isnt out there "butt-chugging". Damn kids these days...... Good on you, Buddy!