Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PROJECTS: Where do you "Do It Yourself"?

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

PROJECTS: Where do you "Do It Yourself"?

I would love this to be given a area all of it's own....a DIY section for all the little projects that we do for ourselves.

So how about it? Where do you have to do your projects?

I myself have a metal fabrication shop....that has tooling to do a lot more than just metal.

The bulk of my projects are done on this....

1/2" steel top with 8" beams running the full length.....8" channels running cross ways....and 4" x 4" x 1/4" tube steel for legs.

The vice plugs into a Reese hitch welded to the side.

It has outlets down the side facing the welding machines.

The shop measures about 48' x 80'....and I'm waiting til after the election calms down to make a move.....hopefully it will be next year.

Large tooling....9 welders set up to do various types of welding....many saws....many drills....roll bender....iron worker....fork trucks....lathe, mill, drill combo....presses....grinders....sanders....vices.. ....countless hand tools.....etc.

Like I said though....we have out grown the space and are tripping over ourselves.

Show us where you work on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Table measures 20' x 5'...
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

Premium Member

Full metalworking and wood working shop complete with:

3hp Air compressor with 80 gallon tank

Band pipe cutter and grinder

Drill press and welding table

It took me about three years to build my shop from the ground up!

Premium Member

Mig welder

More tools than you can imagine

And if you take a step outside a miller trailblazer welder generator on a trailer that I built for it to be mobile

I know I just copy and pasted from my thread but I figured I should at least share! I have thousands of tools from wrenches, specialty tools, grinders, drills, saws, if you can think of it I probably have it in hand tools!

What I want:
    CNC lathe, single post hydraulic car lift, paint booth, extension on my shop to make it 3x wider to have room for all of my stuff because it is cramped between Harley parts, fishing gear, old jet ski parts.... But none the less I am thankful for everything I have today!

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Nobody wants a pic of my patio. Lol. I've got a little case of "house fever" brought on by my lack of DIY space. Yes, I have a 1/2 ton press, and a workbench (think cinder blocks, and plywood) on my apartment balcony, it's pretty low profile or the fancy pants apartments would ding me on it. I need a drill press, and a scroll saw, and a table saw like yesterday, so I really want to get a house and at least use 1/2 the garage for my shop. I'm making kydex holsters again, and its accidentally turned into a side business here lately, so I need the space badly.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

My husband is not allowed to see this thread, lol.

Jk

Claptrap's Problem Solver

We have a 2 car garage and plan to build a large shed in the next couple years.

This is the "workshop" side of the garage. It's a mess right now with a number of things cluttering it up. As far as tools go it's a fairly suburban workshop with drillpress, chop saw, cordless drills and a raft of hand tools.

It's really cluttered up right now, but if you ignore the corrugated aluminum panels to the left (aka hurricane shutters) you can see there is quite a bit of workspace available.

This is the view from the workbench looking backwards. The plastic pool (I hate that thing) can be moved to reveal a card table for more work surface area. Underneath is the generator and clearly to the right of that is our fuel storage.

Despite my best efforts, the other side of the garage gets messy as hell. But in a pinch, I can back the lawnmowers and wheel-barrow out of the garage, shuffle LiL Stig's toys out of the way, and have a fairly large work area. Worse case, I can use the driveway pad as well.

Like I said, I wouldn't compare this to the other folks' work areas with welders, air compressors and such, but for my typical suburban-rural needs it suits my purposes.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4suchatimeasthis View Post
    My husband is not allowed to see this thread, lol.

Jk
    Hey now y'all have makeup an fancy clothes and we have tools and workshops!

At the going rate they are about the same price these days!

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Like I said, I wouldn't compare this to the other folks' work areas with welders, air compressors and such, but for my typical suburban-rural needs it suits my purposes.
    To be honest I paid $1.00 (dead serious) for my air compressor when I saw the local hospital throwing it away I caught them before they tossed it into the bin! They said it was "worthless and un-fixable" needless to say all it needed was a new power cord and it works great!

The reason it cost me a dollar was just so that they needed a receipt that it was purchased and so did i. That was one heck of a great day I have to tell ya!

A laugh a minute
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddychrist View Post
    Hey now y'all have makeup an fancy clothes and we have tools and workshops!

At the going rate they are about the same price these days!

Give me a power tool instead of makeup. I prefer a Home Depot gift card over a Wal-Mart card. My make up is grease of all kinds, gear, oil, hydraulic, ( get the idea?) Of course I am still cute with grease on my nose,
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

I'll most likely shit myself

I love this thread. Guess I need to take some pics.