Thread: Bushcraft Forum

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Crotch Rocket

Bushcraft Forum

I got really excited when this was proposed, so I'm sure you'll see me doing my part to get material in here.

The way I personally see it right now is there are three areas that will fit very well in this forum. Wilderness/ Primitive skills, urban specific adaptations of those skills, and some of the RYO/ DYI projects.

Granted, some of that isn't bushcrafting, but it all focuses on knowledge and skill building rather than the equipment and materials many of the other forums are focused on.

Some things I'd especially like to see personally are:

Identifying wild edibles, and how to prepare them. Especially those edibles you can find within cities like mast trees and such.

Primitive fire making and how to carry it safely.

Primitive tools and weaponry. I have an article on making a simple wooden spear I'll be trying out and reviewing. Does anyone know how to make bows or other projectile weapons? How about flint knapping for a serviceable blade?

Natural cordage from various regions would be awesome as well.

That's it for now, just off the top of my head, so let's get out and have some fun!
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Give him a home, where the buffalo roam, and they make "wood" for his cookin fires all day
    I was trained in flintknapping. WHat ya wanna know? I dont claim to be a know it all...but i can make blades, axe heads, arrowheads. Sharp enough to shave with.

- - - Updated - - -

And with flintknapping you can make some tools too. Like awls, drilll bits chisel heads..lots of stuff, just about anything with an edge on it can be flintknapped. Shall i start a thread on it?