Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bushcraft Forum

A laugh a minute
    Thanks for breaking it down like that. If all you had was what was in your pockets, then that would be the question, what should you carry in your pockets in case that is all you have. Like how to make a bow drill and how to use it to make a fire? All you would have to have is a string and you could use the one in your boot or shoe for that. Am I on the right track?
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

Crotch Rocket

Bushcraft Forum

Yep, you're welcome! Like another example I asked for too though: natural cordage. That way you can even keep your shoes tied Think "Survivorman" and that covers quite a bit of it.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Crotch Rocket

Bushcraft Forum

I think you'll see once we get rolling. I haven't had time to get out and do anything since this was proposed, but I love having things to do when I'm out in the woods overnight.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

I'll most likely shit myself

Dropy I for one would love to have some info on Flint Knapping. I picked up a book on Knapping a few years ago, but never really found what I felt like was adequate material to use. I think that would be far and away most useful to me, at least to get started.

A couple other topics I feel would be useful in this forum would be navigation, in daylight, dark, and cloudy/fogged in conditions. And if anyone has ideas on the best way to find hidden water. In my AO I would call looking for hidden springs. Other areas would probably have different techniques involved.

A laugh a minute
    As far as the edible plants go, that is something everyone needs to learn on their own. You have to see the plant. You need to know what is in your area and find out if it is edible or not. You can look at pics from the book in your hand then look at the plant and sometimes see what it is. But others are not that easy. Some have look-a-likes that are poisonous. I am still having a hard time learning the difference between Water Hemlock (poisonous) and Queen Anne's Lace (edible).
    We have a lot of one if not both of these growing every where around us but I am too scared to use any of them. here is a link to why I am scared:http://wildwoodsurvival.com/survival...rot/index.html

Queen Anne's Lace (wild carrot)

Water Hemlock

When you see these in the wild they look the same.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Lets get this party started!
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

In his experience the hammer head is better

Bushcraft Forum

Ill have something after this weekend as long as all is well at the bol. As for now I'm stuck at work for 36 hours and can't accomplish much.
    "When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson
    "It's less dangerous, to run across a wild animal than a stranger." Vasily Peskov

Crotch Rocket

I just moved and merged several older threads into here, so I figured I'd bump the forum for people to notice and get a fresh look at them.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!