Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is your strongest prepping area?

Claptrap's Problem Solver

This is a very interesting question.

I can honestly say I am stumped.

I've got my fingers in a lot of different pies but wouldn't really consider myself master of any.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    weapons and tactics.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Need the worlds hottest pepper seeds? See him...
    This place and you people because of the knowledge shared and learned from ya'll (done brown-nosing now )

Probably my ability to solve problems. It's what my job curtails so I've become pretty good at it. Mainly in being able to see things in 3 dimension and break it down into a 1 dimension format so it can be fabricated.

Also my gardnening skills have evolved over the years plus I can fish with the best of them and kill my share of game (even with my truck lol) so I think I can provide for my family.

Re: What is your strongest prepping area?

Farming/Gardening is where my knowledge and experience are. Not to shabby with the boom stick either.

Re: What is your strongest prepping area?

Medical. Paramedic for 8 yrs give or take and an EMT for longer than I'll ever admit to.

Not bad with a rifle too

Premium Member
    yea, me also izzy, uncle sam encouraged me to destroy things, on the up side my defensive mind is likely my best asset...
    Last edited by greg48; 12-10-2012 at 03:50 PM.

Premium Member
    my strongest point would be taking what i learned from uncle sam and working on well defended home, i spent this past weekend working on range cards...

Do you have a robot?
    I guess anything that goes boom......... I do love my guns and other things. It doesn't hurt that I grew up on a ranch and was paid in 22's for my summer work. I thank the government for my finishing school.

My strongest area is probably security. I have worked OPSEC/COMSEC in the Navy, physical security in the Army, Navy, at a nuke plant and at a detention center. I have a security plan set up for my home since I plan to bug in unless my home is compromised, (like a hurricane or earthquake). If that happens I do have a bug out location and have physical security plan in place for that too. In the case of a total SHTF scenario I would love to head into the mountains, but with my wife is disabled, so that is out of the question. Of course prayer is always part of the plan. Thanks for reading my humble ideas.

Bacon Spam

my strongest areas are arms and ammo, comms , and first aid, but you can't eat bullets or bandages......I can't grow anything to save my life and suck at fishing...that said I do have some canned sutffs, MRE's and packed rice..........there is a ton of water around me , oh ya and about 3000 head of cattle ............

Not really into the seed thing or long term food storage discussions , those are 2 areas of prepping that I just can't wrap my head around, actually I can't bring myself to read topics on it either, I guess thats why I hate some of the other on line discussion groups ??