Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What is your strongest prepping area?

For the Love of Cats

So if you cannot grow, and do not store... what is your plan for nurishment long term SHTF??
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    So if you cannot grow, and do not store... what is your plan for nurishment long term SHTF??
    This.....big time.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

I like to think I'm fairly well balanced, Jack of all trades master of none...

I have been through quite a few SHTFs through my life, 1st being Camile in '69. Was 15 and we lived 7 miles inland...no lights for 3 weeks, washed clothes, took baths and gathered water from the little creek that ran about 1/4 miles behind our house.

Been through Fredrick in '79, 3 days no power, Elana in'85, 5 days no power, Georges in '98 2 days no power, Katrina '05 12 days no power...had a couple of more since with no loss in power for me.

Also in the line ofwork I was in for 30 years, I have been on power restoration trips to 4 ice storms and 12+ (lost count) hurricans, and two F5 tornados.

I have seen SHTF many times, some minor, some major. Some with folks staying pretty much calm and some people turning into pure stupid.

So having said that, I think my strength lies in knowing something about S hitin' the Fan and what it looks like....and then getting through it.

Jimmy

I forgot to mention killing. The Army taught me that and sent me where I could hone that skill.