Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What tactical vest/LBE do you favor?

I've found that my personal choice for load carriage is a belt. Currently a fan of the Blue Force Gear SOC-C, Tyr VTAC Brokos and First Spear MOLLE belt. After its out and I get one, I'll probably like the new Blue Force Gear MOLLEminus belt as well.

For carry of mags on anywhere but the belt (mimics the CCW/EDC/LEO Duty Belt), I prefer to avoid vests and go with either a Chest rig or plate carrier with Velocity Systems plates.

I've found that the following brands are the best to pick those up from:
    Blue Force Gear (10 speed, MOLLEminus and super modular LMAC to be specific).
    TYR Tactical.
    First Spear.
    Mayflower R&C/Velocity Systems
    Crye Precision
    London Bridge Trading

I look at a couple things for choosing my kit.
    Country - Made in USA or bust is generally a rule one should follow.
    Weight. Lighter is better.
    Modularity. Ability to change your kit for the mission, while retaining the lightweight and durability is key for the not so financially well off.

Personally I have a Blue Force Gear plate carrier, chest rig and belt. Pouches are Blue Force Gear, ATS Tactical,London Bridge Trading, Tyr Tactical, Mayflower R&C, etc. Any way I can make my kit lighter in overall weight while not sacrificing any bit of durability and usefullness is my goal.

Pictures are just examples of kit I've used at one time or another. I am a right handed shooter with both Pistol and Rifle.

Last edited by bourneshooter; 01-25-2013 at 03:31 AM. Reason: Adding pics.

I've tried vests and never found one I like. It may be habit but I find myself always going back to the VietNam-era military LBE (ALICE gear). It is comfortable, it is cool, it can be quickly configured into whatever specific form I need and it is inexpensive.