Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Doomsday Preppers on NatGeo Channel

Crotch Rocket

Doomsday Preppers on NatGeo Channel

I believe he was on again last night for this new season. A pop up mentioned the progress of his recovery.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

LOL Justa and I are going to start showing our house because we're moving to Utah so the people that are going to be walking threw... will be seeing it ALL!!! We had a laugh the other night when we were talking about what is going to be the first thing that people think? ... These guys are like them doomsday peppers on TV!!! They have all that food storage, Garden and them rain barrel thingies!!!

This could go one of two ways... My hope is that someone like minded sees what we have done here and appreciates the place and snatches it right up but on the other hand it might be... we aren't interested because you guys are wacko.
    You don't need to be the strongest
    or the most intelligent to survive
    but by having the right tools and
    the adaptability of change
    is where you will prevail.

Where's the epi?

That's too funny! We just put our house on the market last week and will be going through the exact same thing! Good luck with your sale - I hope it goes quickly and you get your price.
    I apologize for nothing...

Bacon Spam

we tried to sell out house for the last 2 years, I have 3 gun safes, in addition to out preps in the closets, so I was very concerned about who would be viewing your home, make sure you don't let a Realtor talk you into an open house, only your neighbors will show up........have the Realtor pre qualify anyone and make sure you are home for the showings, it goes against every rule about selling your home and leaving it to make the buyers feel more at ease, but I wanted to check out who was looking at what.......

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

Quote Originally Posted by rentprop1 View Post
    we tried to sell out house for the last 2 years, I have 3 gun safes, in addition to out preps in the closets, so I was very concerned about who would be viewing your home, make sure you don't let a Realtor talk you into an open house, only your neighbors will show up........have the Realtor pre qualify anyone and make sure you are home for the showings, it goes against every rule about selling your home and leaving it to make the buyers feel more at ease, but I wanted to check out who was looking at what.......
    Thanks for the pointers RP.
    You don't need to be the strongest
    or the most intelligent to survive
    but by having the right tools and
    the adaptability of change
    is where you will prevail.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by prepguide View Post
    I cordially detest this show. As a prep consultant I see those on the show often doing things that I specifically work with my clients on NOT doing. Such as here I am, here's what I what, here's where I live and the show imo often is edited to show the preppers in a less than positive light.
    How does one go about being a prep consultant? Serious question. I've helped a few close friends, and think it would be a good entrepeneurial adventure (I just misspelled the hell out of entrepeneurial I think).
    The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Bacon Spam

Quote Originally Posted by TEOTWAWKI13 View Post
    How does one go about being a prep consultant? Serious question. I've helped a few close friends, and think it would be a good entrepeneurial adventure (I just misspelled the hell out of entrepeneurial I think).
    no offense to the prep consultant, but I think its the same as the guy who really likes guns and teaches a friend, then thinks he's qualified to teach a tactical class
    if you are making money telling others about prepping I'll bow down, but I've been struggling to get like minded folks together for meetings and discussions in my area for over a year, even had 2 gatherings with informative discussions and a guest speaker, I seriously doubt one of them would pay to learn

Administrator

This is more of a rant than anything, THIS SHOW IS SO STUPID! Just finished watching a few episodes of Season 2 and it seems to me NatGeo is actively going out of its way to portray preppers as loons and sociopaths. The two that got my eye twitching uncontrollably was the 15 year old kid who "preps" and the retard that dragged the poor Colombian woman thousands of miles to America and expects her to get into the prepping mindset. Just utter madness. Anyway, I am just glad to know the ones that are truly prepared, treat this lifestyle like Fightclub. YOU"RE NOT SUPPOSE TO TALK ABOUT IT! -end rant-

Walking on Sunshine

I watch to get some hints but gotta tell you had the family over Christmas and I did show my BIL's and SIL the second storage. One of them made crack about being a survivalist but I told him NO I'm a couponer and I wanted to get ahead of the time when I retire and have limited income. As he JUST got a job after 3 years being unemployed, he thought about it and congratulated me on thinking ahead. Told me and his brother, the hubs, that the hubs married a very smart woman. He wants me to show him how to "refine" his couponing and storage. I just might have a convert on my side WHOO HOO! Time will tell

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2die4 View Post
    This is more of a rant than anything, THIS SHOW IS SO STUPID! Just finished watching a few episodes of Season 2 and it seems to me NatGeo is actively going out of its way to portray preppers as loons and sociopaths. The two that got my eye twitching uncontrollably was the 15 year old kid who "preps" and the retard that dragged the poor Colombian woman thousands of miles to America and expects her to get into the prepping mindset. Just utter madness. Anyway, I am just glad to know the ones that are truly prepared, treat this lifestyle like Fightclub. YOU"RE NOT SUPPOSE TO TALK ABOUT IT! -end rant-
    i thought it was going to be a good show, i had never seen or heard about it. i was scanning channels and came across a commercial about it. called the Cable Co. and added the channel block. what did come from it was the Science Ch. and NatGeo shows Alaska State Troopers.

prepper, not me. i am just here for the popcorn and friendly faces.
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy