Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Doomsday Preppers on NatGeo Channel

I'll most likely shit myself

Katrina, That is a great way to start working folks into it a little at a time. Before they know it, they are seeing all the benifits.

Walking on Sunshine

Thanks BP, I'm just hoping I can get the rest of the family to at least start thinking about preparing for the future in a more practical way.

In his experience the hammer head is better

So this is a necro post but I think it is important. I only watch this show to poke hole in other peoples plans and learn from their mistakes.

But today on season 3 episode 7 they have turned a new leaf. This guy actually put together a group of people with the sole purpose of marauding and taking others supplies. I'm irritated as hell watching this and I want to shoot him in his fat face.

However he states he's been watching doomsday preppers from the beginning to develop plans to steal from others. I highly recommend you watch this episode. I never expected to hear someone organizing and planning to sustain themselves off our stuff. I always just figured it would be spontaneous groups of knuckle draggers especially in the beginning.

One thing I noticed was that the group looked like you typical obese, lazy, criminal types you see in mug shots. Which makes them easier targets.

Something to think about is how to deal with someone who has planned and organized a group of undesirables to prepare to try and take our stuff. We prepare for defense but these guys are doing the same thing pre SHTF with the sole purpose of offense.

I feel like my defense preps can handle any threat. I just hate seeing a group building armor and scoping out properties to loot.

What do you all think? Or am I just rambling and it dosent change much?
    "When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson
    "It's less dangerous, to run across a wild animal than a stranger." Vasily Peskov

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by apssbc View Post
    So this is a necro post but I think it is important. I only watch this show to poke hole in other peoples plans and learn from their mistakes.

But today on season 3 episode 7 they have turned a new leaf. This guy actually put together a group of people with the sole purpose of marauding and taking others supplies. I'm irritated as hell watching this and I want to shoot him in his fat face.

However he states he's been watching doomsday preppers from the beginning to develop plans to steal from others. I highly recommend you watch this episode. I never expected to hear someone organizing and planning to sustain themselves off our stuff. I always just figured it would be spontaneous groups of knuckle draggers especially in the beginning.

One thing I noticed was that the group looked like you typical obese, lazy, criminal types you see in mug shots. Which makes them easier targets.

Something to think about is how to deal with someone who has planned and organized a group of undesirables to prepare to try and take our stuff. We prepare for defense but these guys are doing the same thing pre SHTF with the sole purpose of offense.

I feel like my defense preps can handle any threat. I just hate seeing a group building armor and scoping out properties to loot.

What do you all think? Or am I just rambling and it dosent change much?
    By the time he walks his fat Arse up hill for 4 miles he wont be in any shape to do anything when he reaches my house. Heck I need dog food and he would work just fine for that.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Doomsday Preppers on NatGeo Channel

Groups like him don't worry me as much as the other type that's out there. In shape, well equipped, well organized. Which just reinforces the fact that we can't survive by ourselves and that we need to organize and build communities of like minded decent folk as quick as possible.

Hell I think he could feed a pack of dogs for a while
    "It's less dangerous, to run across a wild animal than a stranger." Vasily Peskov

I'll most likely shit myself

Is season three the one that is on right now? I have some episodes on the DVR I haven't watched, hopefully its one of those.

IMO this is just a different take on the gangbangers, maybe to a different level, but very similar.One more thing to consider and that list just keeps getting longer and longer.

Yes it's the season that's on now. Two totally different personalities on this show. They are gangbangers just a little more organized ahead of time I guess. I know this group would be an easily removed threat due to the physical shape and clear lack of intelligence of them. It's other groups that would be a little more difficult to combat.

Walking on Sunshine

I just watched the show with that scumbag who's planning on killing and stealing others preps. Guess who will get clobbered first by the well organized and IN SHAPE marauders, who've probably watched the show and put him on a list? Nothing like advertising one's stupidity. That makes me so angry, I'm trying to pull together my family and friends and Nat Geo goes and shows idiots like him. With the exception of one brother (who's prepping) the rest of the family literally think I am crazy. Oh well I've NEVER claimed to be sane

The raider ticked me off as well. What an arse. I had the same thoughts; he wont make it too far with his cumbersome homemade armour, and what appears to be lower than average intelligence. I think he may under-estimate his victims (preppers) if he thinks we are just going to be sleeping in our beds all night with no concern or defense.
    Does make me wonder hom many more like him are out there, lurking on forums and scoping out poeple to put on a list. It's a good reminder to keep vital info to oneself.

Administrator

Him being Fat, stupid, and armed may seem laughable but the cause of concern is that he has people listening to him. Paying him dues. One overweight untrained armed idiot is one thing but how dangerous is a hundred overweight untrained ARMED idiots?

Good god. This whole show makes my opsec nerve twitch uncontrollably.
    I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.