Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Doomsday Preppers on NatGeo Channel

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Im not a prepper, Im a survivalist... old school from the 80's.

I dont have cammo curtains in the living room nor do I dress tacticool for a trip to Kroger... My survivalist posture is in my heart and mind.

That said, the show makes survivalist and preppers look like a bunch of idiots, it did more harm than good for "our" image. Half of them needed to be on meds, the other half likely missed there daily daily.

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

I'll most likely shit myself

I think the guy is a moron. His wife even more so. Why the hell would she consider letting him perform surgery on her? His outlook is moronic. With the land and stuff he has to work with, and effort (which it appears he don't like), he could have a nice set up. The way he wants to operate he's just gonna kill a bunch of folks including himself.

The other guy in Costa Rica, has a good plan, but seems lacking in defensive measures. it also didn't show much about ability or capability to make/repair anything much. Maybe it just didn't go into that aspect.

One thing that has always struck me as strange, there are almost no one that has any methods of comm's. While not the top priority, it is very important.
    Last edited by bacpacker; 11-14-2013 at 11:34 PM.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    I had to chuckle a little bit about it, having heard about it beforehand from the folks over at ArfCom. They literally have a 20 page thread regarding this guy, they've outted litterally every aspect of his life, and none of it is impressive by any stretch! Check the thread listed below for some SERIOUS laughter action! From Haiku's to meme's, his 3 fight stint as a professional MMA fighter, (his longest fight lasted 37 seconds, and he lost that one too!) to his physical location, to theyve got it all on this guy!

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/155...you_have_.html

Needless to say, I wouldnt get too worried about this guy, but smart money says that there are other people out there who also have this mindset and think it will actually work.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Thanks for the ARF link SF, I needed a good laugh!!!

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Those of you that may have gotten irritated or upset at this dude, I ask: Why?

Going around with the belief that everyone is like us is naive.
    Not recognizing and preparing for people like this is naive.
    If you believe that there are not many, many more people in the prepper community like this dude, you are a fool.

For every one of us, there are 10 like him.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

To add to izzys post. When shtf not only do you have to be prepared with defensive gear to repel someone like this but you also have to be prepared to use that gear. Both mentally and physically if you are unable to take that step then all that gear is for not.

Buying a weapon is one thing. Being proficient with your weapon is another. When I buy a new weapon I don't trust it until I have run at least 500 rounds through it and tested its metal.
    It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark.

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

Just caught the episode on On-Demand. The fat tub of lard would have a coronary running across my parking lot. He might last one house.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

In his experience the hammer head is better

Agree with everything everyone has said. I fully expect marauders, I guess I just never expected them to devote much pre planning to the process. I expected groups of marauders to come together post SHTF. Drawn together by some super shithead telekinesis or something.

Just seems easier and safer to me to actually prep. All that time spent planning to take from others could easily be spent preparing. Plus your not putting your family at risk.

Obviously I was wrong however it doesn't change my defense plans much.
    "When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson
    "It's less dangerous, to run across a wild animal than a stranger." Vasily Peskov

Quote Originally Posted by Stg1swret View Post
    Just caught the episode on On-Demand. The fat tub of lard would have a coronary running across my parking lot. He might last one house.
    Just put at least 3 steps in front of all your doors....... Itd be like Point Du Hoc for him......
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Another thought is this:

Think of how many people that have his mindset are actually in shape, well armed, and well trained.

Not every goon post SHTF will be a common FSA street thug.