Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Doomsday Preppers on NatGeo Channel

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.

Doomsday Preppers on NatGeo Channel

has anyone ever seen this program?

i saw a commercial for it and had to add the channel to my package. i thought it was a completely different show... some of it is informational,comical, plain stupid and strange.

just my thoughts on the subject.... i wouldn't share any info about me, my preps or location on national tv. makes me scratch my head and go 'huh, really'.

In my opinion it makes preppers look a little crazy. I agree tht the people on the show have given up most if not all of their security.

I'll most likely shit myself

I watch it strictly looking for ideas I can use for myself.

Where's the epi?

We watched an episode the other night about a family and the husband ran a drill to get them all out of the house and out of town within a certain time to include a portable chicken coop that they loaded up with all of their chickens in. He had some friends create a roadblock where they were "scanned" for hazmat and had some of them strip down and scrub....
    Then they scored them on their preparadness but they really didn't score as well as I thought they would. Some other people that were scored were much less organized than these people so I think it's subjective. Not sure if it was Doomsday Preppers but I thought it was something like that.
    I apologize for nothing...

The source of all known trouble in the universe

Quote Originally Posted by robsdak View Post
    has anyone ever seen this program?
    http://www.shtfready.com/threads/250...msday-Preppers

i hope that series is better than this one. i am finding this one to be for lack of a better word 'comical'.

The source of all known trouble in the universe

Quote Originally Posted by robsdak View Post
    i hope that series is better than this one. i am finding this one to be for lack of a better word 'comical'.
    It must be the same one.

prepguide
    I cordially detest this show. As a prep consultant I see those on the show often doing things that I specifically work with my clients on NOT doing. Such as here I am, here's what I what, here's where I live and the show imo often is edited to show the preppers in a less than positive light.

Quote Originally Posted by prepguide View Post
    I cordially detest this show. As a prep consultant I see those on the show often doing things that I specifically work with my clients on NOT doing. Such as here I am, here's what I what, here's where I live and the show imo often is edited to show the preppers in a less than positive light.
    yep, that's how i see them. some go to an extreme, but telling national tv your business, come on really.... me i am just a 'poor old country boy' just getting by.

Re: Doomsday Preppers on NatGeo Channel

Yeah this is the second season. I for one think it puts a negative light on prepping and portrays preppers as lunatics. But that's what makes it entertaining to the masses of sheep I guess. Still remember the episode from the first season when the father had his two sons out shooting in the desert and he nearly blew his own thumb off...