Thread: Ebola outbreak in Uganda

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'll most likely shit myself

I don't know much about it other than it seems to be airborne. I would assume from that ( we all know where assumptions lead) that 1 or 2 infected carriers flying in could spread it to the folks on the plane, then it goes out from there. I hope I am totally wrong about that.

Just 2 or 3 mice or squirrels will do the job....don't ask

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    I don't know much about it other than it seems to be airborne. I would assume from that ( we all know where assumptions lead) that 1 or 2 infected carriers flying in could spread it to the folks on the plane, then it goes out from there. I hope I am totally wrong about that.
    Not so much airborne as the spittle that is expelled during a hard cough.
    The vector is bodily fluids, blood, saliva and and discharges.
    Right now most of the countries around Uganda are keeping the formal border crossings fairly tightly controlled, but with the jungles and rivers that doesn't mean much.
    I think it takes a few days before symptoms show, so yeah, it is possible to get an infected person who has not yet developed symptoms to try to travel as fast and far as possible and then develop the symtpoms and spread the infection.
    Usually that type of person in this country will be poor and rural so will not have the means to gain air travel.