Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knives

Premium Member

SOG SEAL I got back in 2002

Premium Member

I'm thinking of getting a Ka-Bar or a Recon1 next...maybe both. I for one believe you can never have enough knives (well I guess that just goes for all weapons in general...) Has anyone had experience with either of these.
    "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm. " -FDR

The source of all known trouble in the universe

I forgot about that one

No metal!!

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

I run the Gerber LMF in tan on my battle belt. I don't usually carry in and out of work due to indoor weapon rules. I do have a multitool in my bag and Gerber folder in the truck also.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

I EDC a Cold Steel XL Voyager.

I also always carry a Victorinox Tinker because the Voyager can be intimidating.

Lounging around INSIDE the house a Spyderco Endura 4 rides in my front pocket.

You might also find the Kowulz' Urban Fury knife that I designed riding in my cargo pocket.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Thanks for sharing those Rock. What's the scoop on that last one? That is intriguing to me.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Thanks, Stig. My dad is a custom knife maker and I have always been around guns and knives. I've had the pleasure of attending the Blade Show in Atlanta for the past 14 years and became friends with some world class knife makers.

Urban Fury Tactical Utility Folding Knife (Prototype)
    Description: Designed by Rock Cowles of Kowulz Design and built by Dave Curtiss of Curtiss Knives. CPM 154 steel, Titanium handle and clip, IKBS opening system. The Urban Fury is a large flipper/folder framelock knife that combines the strengths of the Wharnecliffe, Tanto, and Sheepsfoot blade styles. The blade has a slight belly and strong tip and is set at a natural forward angle similar to a Saber Grip without compromising wrist strength.

The custom handle texturing is grippy without being overly aggressive. It was cut by Great Lakes Water Jet.

A major knife company requested one of my two prototypes for a possible collaboration.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Quote Originally Posted by Rock View Post
    Thanks, Stig. My dad is a custom knife maker and I have always been around guns and knives. I've had the pleasure of attending the Blade Show in Atlanta for the past 14 years and became friends with some world class knife makers.

Urban Fury Tactical Utility Folding Knife (Prototype)
    Description: Designed by Rock Cowles of Kowulz Design and built by Dave Curtiss of Curtiss Knives. CPM 154 steel, Titanium handle and clip, IKBS opening system. The Urban Fury is a large flipper/folder framelock knife that combines the strengths of the Wharnecliffe, Tanto, and Sheepsfoot blade styles. The blade has a slight belly and strong tip and is set at a natural forward angle similar to a Saber Grip without compromising wrist strength.

The custom handle texturing is grippy without being overly aggressive. It was cut by Great Lakes Water Jet.

A major knife company requested one of my two prototypes for a possible collaboration.
    Thanks for that info. Please keep us posted on the progress of this...depending on cost I'd be very interested in purchasing one.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout