Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuel can manufacturing

I'll most likely shit myself

Fuel can manufacturing

I just ran across this story a few minutes ago. I hadn't heard any rumblings about this. A couple weeks back when i started rotating my fuel stocks I considered buying some more cans both for gas and desiel, but decided not to. Wish I had now.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...suits-To-Blame

"The nation’s largest gas can manufacturer has closed its doors due to frivolous lawsuits at a time when Hurricane Sandy victims urgently need the containers.

The company's closure has resulted in a shortage of gas cans for purchase or use in the disaster areas of the northeast, and in the US as a whole. Though product shortages have been commonplace in former Soviet-bloc countries, this is unusual in the US.

The company, Blitz U.S.A., is a 50-year-old American business that has closed its doors and laid off all 117 employees. Blitz U.S.A. provided 75% of all gas canisters to the US, a feat which industry insiders say is only possible when a company does everything right.

A swarm of lawsuits hit the company since last March, mostly due to injuries from individuals pouring gas directly onto a lit fire. All but two were thrown out of court for frivolity. Unfortunately, the successful outcomes for the company in the courts did not stop insurance rates from increasing to fiscally unbearable rates."

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

This just sums it up... America the land of opportunity and the home of the lawyers to help you GET WHAT DO DESERVE FOR BEING A DUMB ASS
    How many adds do you see or hear a day from them rotten scum fuckers. Morgan and Morgan is on the TOP of my scum fucker hate list!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
    Last edited by Evolver; 11-21-2012 at 11:13 PM.
    You don't need to be the strongest
    or the most intelligent to survive
    but by having the right tools and
    the adaptability of change
    is where you will prevail.

I'll most likely shit myself

I totally agree. All the law suits for burning your self because you tried to drive with an open cup of hot coffee and getting millions for it total bullshit. In the afternoons around here there are 2 or 3 firms that advertise several times a day. BULLSHIT and it's just killin companies. Probably lots worse in big cities.

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

It just goes on and on... High cost Insurance, meds, doctors and the big O is going to capitalize on it to try to win the game of Monopoly. Sorry... Just venting.
    You don't need to be the strongest
    or the most intelligent to survive
    but by having the right tools and
    the adaptability of change
    is where you will prevail.

In his experience the hammer head is better

Fuel can manufacturing

This hits close to home. The 8 year old girl I mentioned in the trauma thread was a victim in one of these cases. She was lit on fire by her father on purpose, using one of these cans. He got a crack lawyer and got off the criminal charges and them sued the company and won.

Only good part is he was deported to Jordan where we were told he would not survive long. He's not liked there.
    "When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson
    "It's less dangerous, to run across a wild animal than a stranger." Vasily Peskov

For the Love of Cats

Viva Le Canada!

I am so glad we do not have 'The right to sue anyone at anytime for whatever dumbassed thing you did to yourself"

We get a lot of American tv channels up here, and they are polluted with ads for lawyers seeking clients to sue x company for this and y company for that.

The worst part... now that this company is done, you guys are probably going to start importing your containers from China! Another industry lost from the USA!

Land of the Free, Home of the Brave... all being decimated by the goddamn lawyers!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    That's real nice. Very disappointing, but somehow just not a surprise.

A lawyer can fuck up an anvil with a toothpick.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Evolver View Post
    This just sums it up... America the land of opportunity and the home of the lawyers to help you GET WHAT DO DESERVE FOR BEING A DUMB ASS
    How many adds do you see or hear a day from them rotten scum fuckers. Morgan and Morgan is on the TOP of my scum fucker hate list!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
    The face on the Morgan and Morgan sign makes me sick everytime I see one!!!!
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!

Bacon saver

Hey, we can shoot lawyers right? I mean there aren't enough of them getting shot. Hmmmmmm? They never get shot, maybe because people are afraid of getting sued for shooting them?
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Anyone remember Shakespeare's "Merchant of Venice" ?
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com